• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Question about dessert on the DDP

SnowWhite607

DIS Veteran
I have a question - this will be my first time to use the DDP. I have me, DH and DD5. My questions are:

1 - when we go to a counter service, we are all allowed a combo AND dessert? Even DD5 in addition to her kids meal?

2 - When we go to a table service, will DD5 get the kids meal only or will she be allowed to order an appetizer and/or dessert. She wont care about the apppetizer but will maybe want dessert.

I know Disney doesnt separate kids credits and adult credits but if DH and I order dessert, will they let he order it under the DP even if she's a kid?

Thanks!

~7th trip and counting
June 2006 - CBR

Children are limited to the kids menu. Remember the menus you see on the internet are unofficial. AFAIK all the children's menus offer desserts. If your child prefers an adult dessert you can pay out of pocket. A few CMs at some restaurants will let a child order an appetizer off the adult menu if the kids menu doesn't offer any. They don't have to, if the child's menu doesn't offer any appetizer the child isn't entitled to an appetizer.

Many of the kids menus at TS include kid desserts. She will be allowed a kid dessert if there is one on the menu. If she wants an adult dessert, you will have to pay for it--or order it as your meal and give it to her. You very well may not want one, or many want just a bite! You will be full.

At CS, you are allowed a combo and a dessert and a drink. DD is allowed whatever is on the kid menu--kid combo and kid dessert (if there is a dessert). Most kid meals at CS include drink. If it doesn't, she gets a drink too.

SnowWhite607 said:
1 - when we go to a counter service, we are all allowed a combo AND dessert? Even DD5 in addition to her kids meal?

2 - When we go to a table service, will DD5 get the kids meal only or will she be allowed to order an appetizer and/or dessert. She wont care about the apppetizer but will maybe want dessert.
At CS the kids meals are all combos and they can have any dessert. For adults you can have a combo and dessert or entree and side and dessert. So for example at Pizzafari you can have a pizza and a salad and dessert. At the parks most places seemed to only have combos except for pizza but at our resort there were lots of things you could get separate and then pick your favorite side (chips, fries,fruit, carrots, etc).

At TS some have apps for kids and some don't. Most that didn't have them had at least bread the kids could munch. They all had kids desserts. The only issue we had was that many of them were chocolate and my son doesn't eat chocolate but every restaurant had ice cream so he could have that instead.

Yvonne

FWIR, more and more of the TS are putting appetizers for children in place to address this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter