Question about DVC resorts ..

Jimmy Mouse

My other car is the Monorail
So Disney is building all these new DVC resorts. Can anyone stay at one? or are they only for DVC owners.

Disney owns a portion of the DVC rooms, which are used for “cash reservations.” So, anyone can stay there. You just reserve the villa like you would a hotel room.

Another option would be to rent points for a reservation through a company like David’s Vacation Club Rentals (a sponsor here) or private renters on this site.

Disneyowns approximately 2% of DVC Villas. In addition members “turn over” points when they trade out for a non DVC stay using points, a Disney Cruise for example. This increases the Villas Disney can rent to the public. As mentioned, Members can also choose to rent points.
However, demand far exceeds availability

Yes, anyone can rent them if there is availability, just like any of the other WDW rooms.

Edited to add: I just checked random dates for this September & all of these came up as available.
Boardwalk Villas
Boulder Ridge Villas
Copper Creek Villas AND Cabins
Animal Kingdom Villas - both Jambo & Kidani
BLT
Villas at Grand Floridian

Last edited:

I was able to take my kids to The Grand Californian in June by purchasing days from a member. Awesome!

Yes, anyone can rent them if there is availability, just like any of the other WDW rooms.

Edited to add: I just checked random dates for this September & all of these came up as available.
Boardwalk Villas
Boulder Ridge Villas
Copper Creek Villas AND Cabins
Animal Kingdom Villas - both Jambo & Kidani
BLT
Villas at Grand Floridian
If you checked at Disney Reservation Center, those would be cash inventory only. Not on DVC points. Two different inventories and you must be a member to see what is available for points stays.

If you checked at Disney Reservation Center, those would be cash inventory only. Not on DVC points. Two different inventories and you must be a member to see what is available for points stays.

Yes, exactly! I was checking the cash inventory - thanks for the clarification.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter