Question about extra point allotment

All UYs will give you that but think about when you want to travel and try to pick a UY before typical travel.

The UY that will give you 200 points to use the quickest would be a Feb UY, but I am just thinking that if a RIV wasn’t on sale then, it may not be available.

Remember, everything is based on when you travel. So, think about travel times and then choose a UY based on that.
Agree with all of this except Feb UY because there are no Feb 2019 points with RIV. The first allotment of points would be 2020. For any other resort that's already open, anything before the current month would work. I don't think there's a Nov UY, so Dec UY *for any resort other than Riv* would get you 2018 points *and* 2019 points.

But Dec UY on a non-RIV resort, direct, would not be a wise choice if you buy a resort intending to always travel in the fall.

Agree with all of this except Feb UY because there are no Feb 2019 points with RIV. The first allotment of points would be 2020. For any other resort that's already open, anything before the current month would work. I don't think there's a Nov UY, so Dec UY *for any resort other than Riv* would get you 2018 points *and* 2019 points.

But Dec UY on a non-RIV resort, direct, would not be a wise choice if you buy a resort intending to always travel in the fall.
Thanks. I wasn’t sure what the first UY sold for Rivera was. When I meat with guide last week he mentioned getting any UY, but I didn’t specifically asl which ones get 2019 other than August which is what I want if I buy

Thanks. I wasn’t sure what the first UY sold for Rivera was. When I meat with guide last week he mentioned getting any UY, but I didn’t specifically asl which ones get 2019 other than August which is what I want if I buy
We are Aug UY as well. March - Dec starts with 2019, Feb starts with 2020. Boo, because we really wanted Feb UY but not at the cost of not having 2019 points, since we are going to WDW in December 2019.

Ok, so I called in and asked 50 questions. This is what was explained to me after I dragged it out of the guide. (He seemed intent on selling me a Dec UY).

He said that the earliest UY for Riviera is March. If I purchase 100 pts at Riviera with a March UY, I would get 100 now and 100 in March 2020. The points we get now have to be banked by Oct 31 to be used after March 2020. So after March 2020, we’d have 200 points. Sound right?

Last edited:
Ok, so I called in and asked 50 questions. This is what was explained to me after I dragged it out of the guide. (He seemed intent on selling me a Dec UY).

He said that the earliest UY for Riviera is March. If I purchase 100 pts at Riviera with a March UY, I would get 100 now and 100 in March 2020. The points we get now have to be banked by Oct 31 to be used after March 2020. So after March 2020, we’d have 200 points. Sound right?

Yes, that’s right, with the clarification that you’d have 200 points that could be used to book a stay beginning as early as March 1, 2020. The banked 2019 points would have to be used by February 28, 2021; the 2020 points would too, unless you bank them to the 2021 UY.

To add, that once you bank the points, you can book any stay that starts March 1st, 2020 to Feb 28th, 2021 with those 200 points,

You do not have to wait till then to book. For example, you could bank the points today and book a sept 2020 stay as well right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!