Question about fantasmic packages

utahbelle

Earning My Ears
We have been going to Disneyland for years and years and have never stopped to watch this show! We will be there next week and I decided we should add this to our intinerary but of coarse all the dining packages are booked already. Except for the hungry bear one. My question is if we go with the hungry bear, do we get the same seating as with Blue Bayou and River Belle? Are these spots for standing or do you actually get to sit? I know we won’t be paying for great tasting food at hungry bear but I would love to have a place to sit reserved if that is possible!
Thanks for any info!
I know this does have a paper fast pass that we can get for free but I think you still have to get there super early for a good place to stand. I am willing to pay a little more for the hungry bear seating if it’s just as good as the other dining packages ☺️

Hungry Bear has decent food, and, from what I understand, the seating is right next to the higher-end restaurants', so pretty good. You're not going to have a Blue Bayou vantage point, but what you get is still going to be WAY better than FPs or standbys.

I did this twice and found it very worth it. We sat both times. If you go all the way to the far right if the Hungry Bear section you are basically in the Blue Bayou section as they are side by side. Great view. The first time I didn’t love my meal (got the ribs) so the second time I got a cheeseburger and fries and honestly enjoyed that much more. But other people have reported enjoying the ribs and other package meals so take my review with a grain of salt. The seating however is great.

I did the Blue Bayou Fantasmic package in June 2018. I was at the railings BUT I was at the end of the Blue Bayou section. The people sitting to my left were in the Hungry Bear section.

Also just to note. You will be sitting on the ground for the show. Before the show you can stand but once the lights go down you will have to sit. People in Blue Bayou dining package get a small foam cushion to sit on. The Hungry Bear people dont get this, so you might want to bring a small cushion or blanket.

Also if you get passes for the second show all the seating areas are combined. Only for the first show are they separated.

If you manage to get a combined section for your show which is more common for the second show and non-busy days, all 3 restaurants are in the same sitting area. If your show has separate sections, Hungry Bear is off left while Blue Bayou is dead center.

I really don't like the railing blocking my view so I like to sit in the back of the center reserved section or stand in the left back corner of the regular FP section. In my opinion, the view from the center is only slightly better than the spots on the left side of the FP section but doing a dining package makes things a lot less stressful. I brought my dinner to eat while waiting for the fireworks and didn't have to fight crowds to get a good spot for Fantasmic. The salmon was OK but the Blue Sky Soda was delicious.

We did the Hungry Bear seating in May and it was sooooo worth it. One person in our party waited in line and then we joined them at the time on the Fastpass. The line filled up quickly. The HungryBear section is fantastic. You sit on the ground and if you have issues with mobility or sitting on the ground there is an area you can sit on the stairs. It was so nice to not have to fight the crowds!!! Just behind us were the chairs and seating for Club 33 so you know that's a good area!

Also if you get passes for the second show all the seating areas are combined. Only for the first show are they separated.
Is this happening every time now? We last did the second show with the BB package in August, and the three sections were separated that night. But F! was running twice each night, every night then. With the weekend only schedule, has this changed?

My friends and I did the River Belle Terrace dinner package and my one friend and I had the half chicken, soup and dessert. My other two friends had the pulled pork sandwich, soup and dessert. Food was great and we did the late Fantasmic show. We got in line the fastpass line a little bit later, but we ended up getting spots almost center and near the back of the section. These were great spots and the show wasn't too crowded (even though the park was very crowded that day).

What do you do with your Blue Bayou cushion while riding rides? Carry it? Lockers?

I had a 4.30pm Blue Bayou reservation for the first Fantasmic show. After my meal I just carried it. I went on Winnie The Pooh and Haunted Mansion and just sat on it during the rides. It has a carry handle, so it is easy to hold while walking around.

I have a reservation for RB because it's a last minute trip and BB was sold out. I wonder now if we'd be better off with HB? Hubby can't sit very well so we like sitting on the steps in the BB section. Are there steps in the other sections? I can't remember.

What do you do with your Blue Bayou cushion while riding rides? Carry it? Lockers?

When we did BB this past Labor Day weekend they were offering an option to pick up your cushions when you arrived for the show next to Harbor Galley. I had planned to get a locker (since our lunch was at 11:50) but was pleasantly surprised by this option which worked out great.

Super helpful map... I also booked the Hungry Bear Package because the others were all full. Where do we line up?

You line up over near Harbor Galley, across from the exit of HM. In the aerial photo posted above it would be just off the left of the image near where the Columbia is docked.

When we did BB this past Labor Day weekend they were offering an option to pick up your cushions when you arrived for the show next to Harbor Galley. I had planned to get a locker (since our lunch was at 11:50) but was pleasantly surprised by this option which worked out great.

We did it the Sunday night before Labor Day weekend and we were told to pick our cushion's up when we checked in. We were not given the option of getting them at the BB, which was nice not to have to lug them. We carried them the rest of the night but can't remember how so they must not have bothered us that much. I think we got a bag from a store to put them in as we didn't have a backpack that night.

Anyone that's upgraded to the premium 8:00 RB seating? Just wondering how good the seating is on the outdoor patio at RB? Is it worth the extra $25?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter