Question about getting Palo brunch once on board

frosty714

Earning My Ears
We are really hoping to snag a Palo brunch on board if nothing opens up in the coming weeks. I have read that sign-ups usually open in one of the MDR's around 12:30/1 on embarkation day. My question is, if we board at 11:30/11:45, should my husband head straight there to wait until it opens to have a chance? Or does the line not form until closer to the sign-ups opening? Some people said that they were able to grab a reservation as soon as they got on board so I was just confused if they sometimes open earlier than the time listed on the navigator or maybe those people just boarded closer to 12:30/1. We will be on the Fantasy if that makes a difference.Thank you!

Line starts to form around noon. I think you have time to do something quick before lining up... just depends how early you get on board.

They probably said they got it immediately upon boarding because they boarded around 12:30. I never saw them open before 12:30. There usually is a line at a Enchanted Garden, so being there 30 minutes before is required, but if you eat at Cabanas before, you’re closer to Palo. They also take bookings at the podium between Palo and Rémy.

This is from the most recent Fantasy Navigator I could find online. I have had good luck finding one open up in the weeks before our cruise (Check every so often) as well as once on board. I think they keep quite a few reservations for onboard booking. I would probably show a few minutes before 12:30.

Good luck!

It probably does depend on the cruise and how full it is, but the two times I have gone to make a reservation onboard the lines were really long, even arriving there shortly after the doors opened (although I did get a reservation both times!). So I agree that arriving before is a good idea. Also double check where the sign-ups are - when I've done it it was in Animator's Palette, and not Enchanted Garden.

It probably does depend on the cruise and how full it is, but the two times I have gone to make a reservation onboard the lines were really long, even arriving there shortly after the doors opened (although I did get a reservation both times!). So I agree that arriving before is a good idea. Also double check where the sign-ups are - when I've done it it was in Animator's Palette, and not Enchanted Garden.

agreed. I’ve seen signups in multiple places over the years. Animators, enchanted.At the desk bet remy and Palo.Check the navigator

Sounds like I should do this before eating lunch. I'll do this while my family eats. How long is Cabana's open for lunch?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter