Question about glitter paper

JustAKid

DIS Veteran
I am not usually a scrapbooker but I wanted to make some personalized memory books for our upcoming trip. One of my girls is glitter OBSESSED! I was wondering if anyone could tell me a bit about what it is like to work with glitter paper. Is it easy to fold in order to cover chipboard with it? Do things stick to it easily if you layer on top of it? What adhesive is best to use? Does it score and cut easily? If I mod podged over it, will that keep the glitter from falling off getting EV-ERY where? If so, will my pieces layer more easily afterwards?

Thanks for any help or advice you have to give with this!

I have had no problem folding it to make cards.. but do that very seldom.

I use glue dots to adhere glitter paper to cardstock or to adhere other things like photos or embellishments to glitter paper itself.

If you are going to fold it over chipboard I would make sure it holds tight.. I have not used it on chipboard so it's just a thought about making sure it holds tightly.

I have never used mod-podge on it so I am of no help there...

I have noticed when I cut it on my paper cut it tends to dull the blade a bit quicker so I would have an extra blade handy..

Hope that helps just a little...

Be careful with the midge podge if you are bringing the books to Florida and out in the heat at all- sometimes it gets sticky again down here. I would suggest using a fabric for the cover of albums if that is what you are covering the cardstock for- I find it works a lot better than any of the papers. For pages it will be fine as long as you aren't trying to fold it over and cover the edges- if you don't want them showing ink them(use a shimmer ink if you want) instead of trying to cover them with paper of any sort.

Glue dots are the only thing I have been able to use that will hold anything to glitter paper successfully although some brands are better than other for holding with glitter paper. The shimmer paper from SEI is much thinner and easier to use than many of the glitter papers and gives a somewhat similar look. I find that DCWV glitter paper is more easily used with other papers than some of the others.

You can also find glitter sprays that you can add to any cardstock and give it a shimmering or glitter look (depending on the spray) and then the cardstock acts like and other cardstock and does not have the adhesive issues that glitter paper can have.

Rebecca

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter