Question about gratuitous transfer and different owners

DisEye

Mouseketeer
Hello! My parents are going to gift to me their direct-bought DVC contracts. There are three contracts, one with 110 points, one with 90 points, and one with 30 points. I have two daughters, ages 20 and 18. I would like them to have the benefits of DVC ownership since they will likely go on their own Disney trips as they get older (though I'll go with them if I have a say!). I hope and pray that they will both make wise choices when marrying but you never know, so I was thinking of adding their names to the 30 point contract only, leaving the other two in my and husband's name (our names would be on all three). This way they get the benefit of DVC membership but the majority of our points are protected against potential future unwise choices.
My question is this: would all three contracts still be under one membership number, or would there be different ones? I'm just wondering how it works if I want to book a trip and use points from all three contracts. I would appreciate advice from people in this situation.

Thanks!

Hello! My parents are going to gift to me their direct-bought DVC contracts. There are three contracts, one with 110 points, one with 90 points, and one with 30 points. I have two daughters, ages 20 and 18. I would like them to have the benefits of DVC ownership since they will likely go on their own Disney trips as they get older (though I'll go with them if I have a say!). I hope and pray that they will both make wise choices when marrying but you never know, so I was thinking of adding their names to the 30 point contract only, leaving the other two in my and husband's name (our names would be on all three). This way they get the benefit of DVC membership but the majority of our points are protected against potential future unwise choices.
My question is this: would all three contracts still be under one membership number, or would there be different ones? I'm just wondering how it works if I want to book a trip and use points from all three contracts. I would appreciate advice from people in this situation.

Thanks!

They would not be the same due to having a different set of owners.

Just keep them off of the deeds. The primary benefit of direct is the annual pass, and you can buy up to eightish for your household. Down the road you can always retitle to include them.

Nothing prevents you from booking them their own trips, they just would not have the random misc. direct perks for that trip (lounges, merchandise & dining discounts).

I think your plan of adding them only to a sall contract is wise, however to get the membership benefits they would need at last 75 direct points, so you could add them to the 90 points contract.
If your parents bought before the minimum number for the direct benefits went to 75, you might be able to give them the benefits just with the 30 points contract, but I'm not 100% sure. Instead of doing a gratuitous transfer, you'd need to change the title to add yourself and your daughters and then change it again to remove your parents. Doing it in two steps might allow to keep the grandfathered benefits. All to be confirmed with MS.

The 90 (or 30 if the trick works) points countract would be under a different membership, because it would be titled differently.
Are the three contracts for the same resort and UY? If yes, then it wouldn't be too difficult to manage them together. Every year you can transfer the points from the 90 points contract to your other membership. If the points are for the same UY and resort, then they should* appear online in your account after you transfer them, so you'll be able to combine them to book online without trouble. However since you can only transfer in or out once per year for each contract, if you do this you wouldn't be able to do other transfers.

* = with Disney IT you never know, though. If they don't appear, then you'd have to call MS to use them to book.

Thanks for the answers. I've decided to leave them off of the deeds for now. I will make them associates and add them when they are older. This way they will have to take me with them if they want the discounts!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter