Question about how AP discounts work.

PurpleHaze

Mouseketeer
Hi all. I was hoping i could get a couple of answers on how to view and get the passholder rates. I recently purchased my first AP, and right now have the voucher but have not activated it. I was going to hold off till after the first of the year, but I am getting the itch and now thinking about going in the fall. I've linked my AP voucher to my disney account cause I can go in and see the fastpass availability.

I was under the impression that with the AP voucher linked I could see the passholder rates when looking through the resorts on line the same as other general public offers. So far I had not been able to do that. I called yesterday to get some help cleaning out people from my friends and family list from an earlier trip and asked the cast member about seeing the rates. His reply was that (at least how I understood his response) was that you are only eligible for to get a passholder discount on active APs. He said I could speak to a reservations agent and ask for a passholder rate but that I probably wouldn't get it since my AP wasn't active.

Again it was my understanding that I actually could get the discount and make a reservation using the voucher but that the pass would need to be activated before check in. Is that correct?

Also is there a way for me to go online and see the passholder discounted rates with a linked voucher? Im a solo traveler with a pretty flexible schedule, so I like to look at various dates and lengths of stay to get what I feel is the best value. I hate the idea of keeping an agent on the phone for long periods of time and checking four or five date ranges and then saying ok thanks for the info let me go look at flight schedules and such before making a decision.

Any input would be appreciated.

There has been lots of discussion about the voucher with what you can and can not see. Some people have been able to see all discounts online with only a passholder voucher. I was not. When I called about it, I was told it had to be activated first to see the discounts online. But you can still make reservations using the discount with or without an AP over the phone. Then as long as you have an active AP when you check-in, you can keep the discount.

I did activate our vouchers this summer. Now I can see all the AP discounts. So until yours is activated, you can ask other APs to tell you what's available OR you can call and a CM can tell you. Either way, you'll have to book over the phone.

All this information is based on my experience and what I was told. Somebody else may have a different experience.

Plus I was also able to get an AP discount on the H2O Glow tickets over the phone. But I had to show my activated pass, when I picked up the tickets at Will Call.

Yes you should be able to view. I bought vouchers back in April for my trip next week (yippee) and was able to get the passholders rate. When I called the AP line for something else I asked her if I would have to activate it before I check in. We don't land until 8:30 pm and really would like to just go to the resort. She said no, I probably wouldn't even be asked for my card. I bought my AP through Disney and it was automatically linked to the account. When I went in to the Room Rates I went to the top where the offers are then clicked on the view all offers. I plugged in the dates and the summer passholder rates showed up.

Yes you should be able to view. I bought vouchers back in April for my trip next week (yippee) and was able to get the passholders rate. When I called the AP line for something else I asked her if I would have to activate it before I check in. We don't land until 8:30 pm and really would like to just go to the resort. She said no, I probably wouldn't even be asked for my card. I bought my AP through Disney and it was automatically linked to the account. When I went in to the Room Rates I went to the top where the offers are then clicked on the view all offers. I plugged in the dates and the summer passholder rates showed up.
Is there a special phone number for annual pass holders?

I wonder if I cant view the passholder rates on line because I bought my AP through the tickets at work program (snagged the lower price through them after the recent AP price hike). Anyway, I did call and get a room booked for the end of October with the discount.

I purchased my voucher back in October 2018 directly from Disney and was immediately able to see the AP rates online. BUT, I have been reading much more frequently lately about guests who now cannot see AP rates with only a voucher. So, I wonder if something was changed recently? Or maybe it's the guests that bought the voucher through Sam's Club or another re-seller instead of Disney?

It would be helpful to have some info on whether you can or cannot see AP rates with just the voucher and how you purchased it. For example,

Yes - October 2018 - Online through Disney

In any case, you can call and book the AP rate over the phone with the voucher. Just make sure you activate it when you arrive.

I purchased my voucher back in October 2018 directly from Disney and was immediately able to see the AP rates online. BUT, I have been reading much more frequently lately about guests who now cannot see AP rates with only a voucher. So, I wonder if something was changed recently? Or maybe it's the guests that bought the voucher through Sam's Club or another re-seller instead of Disney?

It would be helpful to have some info on whether you can or cannot see AP rates with just the voucher and how you purchased it. For example,

Yes - October 2018 - Online through Disney

In any case, you can call and book the AP rate over the phone with the voucher. Just make sure you activate it when you arrive.
I think you may be right and recently considered it. Ive never had an issue with a voucher and my sister currently has one. I had considered that it wasn't purchased directly through disney. I know when my son did his, we called, paid for it and it immediately showed on his MDE

Hi all. I was hoping i could get a couple of answers on how to view and get the passholder rates. I recently purchased my first AP, and right now have the voucher but have not activated it. I was going to hold off till after the first of the year, but I am getting the itch and now thinking about going in the fall. I've linked my AP voucher to my disney account cause I can go in and see the fastpass availability.

I was under the impression that with the AP voucher linked I could see the passholder rates when looking through the resorts on line the same as other general public offers. So far I had not been able to do that. I called yesterday to get some help cleaning out people from my friends and family list from an earlier trip and asked the cast member about seeing the rates. His reply was that (at least how I understood his response) was that you are only eligible for to get a passholder discount on active APs. He said I could speak to a reservations agent and ask for a passholder rate but that I probably wouldn't get it since my AP wasn't active.

Again it was my understanding that I actually could get the discount and make a reservation using the voucher but that the pass would need to be activated before check in. Is that correct?

Also is there a way for me to go online and see the passholder discounted rates with a linked voucher? Im a solo traveler with a pretty flexible schedule, so I like to look at various dates and lengths of stay to get what I feel is the best value. I hate the idea of keeping an agent on the phone for long periods of time and checking four or five date ranges and then saying ok thanks for the info let me go look at flight schedules and such before making a decision.

Any input would be appreciated.
I just got APs and linked them to MDE. In order to see the AP resort discounts, I had to log out of MDE, then log back in. After that, it worked. You will be able to see the discounts online before activation, but you will have to call to be able to book them.

I just got APs and linked them to MDE. In order to see the AP resort discounts, I had to log out of MDE, then log back in. After that, it worked. You will be able to see the discounts online before activation, but you will have to call to be able to book them.
You should be able to book them on MDE. Ive had mine for a while but both my sister and son booked reservations through MDE with vouchers.

I purchased my AP through work and linked it to mde. It allows me to check fastpasses but does not show me the AP rates. I emailed support and they said I won't be able to see rates until it's activated. Very frustrating because I like to see all my options and play with dates as well.

I’m starting to believe that the activation is needed when you do not buy it directly from Disney

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!