Question about Inking

kandmwedding

Lover of all things Potato Head
I see all sorts of beautiful layouts over on 2peas with inking on the edges of the tags and paper. How do you do this without making a mess? I bought some ink at my local scrapbook store that says to just use the ink pad directly, but am a little unsure of how this will create the effect I see in all those wonderful layouts. Any tips?!?

If its just using the pad along the edges- the easiest thing to do is just practice on junk paper- I love using that effect but it does have a decent fail ratio (least at my house) Just make sure to let the piece dry before touching it (another learn by experiance)

I use the little cube or oval ones with the raised pad the best as its easier to control- Ive also layered the colors too-

-em

I have never tried using the pad directly on the paper. I always take a yellow round sponge, cut it into 1/4s to get the most use out of it. Grind it into the pad and then kinda flick at the edge of your paper. It can be lightly done or heavy, depending on your sponging technique. Hope this helps.
janine

I ditto Janine -
I start near the edge and 'brush' inward so it is darker on the edge and lighter inside...

but sometimes I will run the edge of the paper right over the pad itself if I want the edge dark.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter