Question about Kidani pool

TeresaNJ

Magic Begins With Me
I have a trip planned for May, and right now am staying the first 4 nights in a standard view studio at Kidani, then switching over to a 1BR standard view at BWV for the last three nights. For the same amount of points I could stay 5nights in a 1BR standard view at Jambo House.

I really love Jambo House, having stayed in the regular hotel several times before, never DVC though, and like the convenience of Mara, as well as having the pool right there outside the doors. Right now I'm opting to do the Kidani/BWV split, as I really would like to be close to Epcot for a few days during the F&G Festival, and I get two extra nights!

My concern is that I love to go to the hot tub in the evening after a long park day, and it freaks me out a little that I have to walk through the parking lot to get to the pool area at Kidani. I may be traveling alone on this trip. For those of you who stayed at Kidani, do you find the pool being away from the resort to be an inconvenience/problem?

If you were making this decision, would you do the 7 night standard studio Kidani/ standard view 1BR BWV split, or the 5 night Jambo 1BR standard view?

I have a trip planned for May, and right now am staying the first 4 nights in a standard view studio at Kidani, then switching over to a 1BR standard view at BWV for the last three nights. For the same amount of points I could stay 5nights in a 1BR standard view at Jambo House.

I really love Jambo House, having stayed in the regular hotel several times before, never DVC though, and like the convenience of Mara, as well as having the pool right there outside the doors. Right now I'm opting to do the Kidani/BWV split, as I really would like to be close to Epcot for a few days during the F&G Festival, and I get two extra nights!

My concern is that I love to go to the hot tub in the evening after a long park day, and it freaks me out a little that I have to walk through the parking lot to get to the pool area at Kidani. I may be traveling alone on this trip. For those of you who stayed at Kidani, do you find the pool being away from the resort to be an inconvenience/problem?

If you were making this decision, would you do the 7 night standard studio Kidani/ standard view 1BR BWV split, or the 5 night Jambo 1BR standard view?

Oh yes, edited to add, due to poor planning, I have to use these points before my use year is up on September 30th, or lose them, and my AP expires on the last day of my trip, so have to go this time of year.

The Kidani pool is one of my favorites. As far as the walk to get to the pool, there is an elevator just outside the lower pool gate to the main floors of the Resort.Its probably not even 50 yards from the gate.Once inside the resort its just 1 long hall depending on where your room is. Our first stay I was lucky enough to be the first room from this elevator.

I've never felt unsafe anywhere at any of the WDW Disney resorts, so I'd go with the split. It is really nice to be so close to EPCOT for Flower & Garden - one of my favorite times to visit.

Thanks for the replies! Makes me feel much better about my decision. :)

I'm trying to figure out why you need a 1 BR if you are traveling alone. My vote would be 4 nights at Kidani, then 5-6 nights at BWV in a Studio. I don't know if one is available for your dates though. When traveling alone, I'd rather have more nights than more space. :thumbsup2

I'm trying to figure out why you need a 1 BR if you are traveling alone. My vote would be 4 nights at Kidani, then 5-6 nights at BWV in a Studio. I don't know if one is available for your dates though. When traveling alone, I'd rather have more nights than more space. :thumbsup2

I need to use up all the points, 144 of them, by September 30th. My AP expires May 13th. I don't want to be away from home more than a week, leaving my DH to deal with the pets, while he is trying to work, as he has crazy hours. I already feel bad going without him, as I just went on a Disney trip with my sister in December for 9 nights, doing a split stay at BWV & VWL.

If I did 5 nights in a 1BR standard at Jambo House, it is exactly 144 points. The Kidani standard studio for 4 nights, and BWV standard 1BR for the last 3 nights comes to 143 points.

I guess I could always try renting the points, if I really wanted to be considerate of DH, ;), and not go at all, but I really love the F&G Festival!

I need to use up all the points, 144 of them, by September 30th. My AP expires May 13th. I don't want to be away from home more than a week, leaving my DH to deal with the pets, while he is trying to work, as he has crazy hours. I already feel bad going without him, as I just went on a Disney trip with my sister in December for 9 nights, doing a split stay at BWV & VWL.

If I did 5 nights in a 1BR standard at Jambo House, it is exactly 144 points. The Kidani standard studio for 4 nights, and BWV standard 1BR for the last 3 nights comes to 143 points.

I guess I could always try renting the points, if I really wanted to be considerate of DH, ;), and not go at all, but I really love the F&G Festival!

I'd go with the split stay ... 2 extra nights in WDW?!? AND being able to walk to Epcot for the F&G Festival!?! - a no-brainer!! :)

I have stayed there as well... Never felt unsafe walking either! But with you, prefer Jambo. Have a great time and enjoy!

Definitely the split stay. I love it when we can incorporate BWV into one of our visit, and being able to walk to F&G will be awesome. If fact, we have a BWV studio for two nights over spring break and plan on doing just that!

The Kidani pool area is really nice. The walk from the front entrance to the pool gate is not very far. There are valet and other CM's out front all the time and the area is well-lit, so very safe. If you have never dined at Sanaa, you should definitely consider trying it. I think you may be able to order off the menu at the little bar/lounge adjacent to the restaurant.

Enjoy your trip!

I think you're going to have a great trip! I love the Flower show, and I'm staying at BWV and VWL for my April trip because I love getting to Epcot from BWV.

Also, for the workshops, it's easier to enter from the main entrance, so when I'm staying at VWL, that's when I'll do a workshop. Walking is hard for me.

Bobbi:goodvibes

Thank you for all your great replies!!! I've never eaten at Sanaa, and didn't know they have a louge area attached. That is good to know. I don't really drink, but might want to relax with an Amarula. So delicious!

Okay, another question. I can still do a split stay, with either 4 nights standard view studio at Kidani, or 3 nights savannah view studio at Kidani, and then the 3 nights BWV 1BR. Is the savannah view worth losing a night? It would be better for DH if I'm only away six nights instead of seven, but the frugal part of me wants to get everything I can out of these points within reason.

Thank you for all your great replies!!! I've never eaten at Sanaa, and didn't know they have a louge area attached. That is good to know. I don't really drink, but might want to relax with an Amarula. So delicious!

Okay, another question. I can still do a split stay, with either 4 nights standard view studio at Kidani, or 3 nights savannah view studio at Kidani, and then the 3 nights BWV 1BR. Is the savannah view worth losing a night? It would be better for DH if I'm only away six nights instead of seven, but the frugal part of me wants to get everything I can out of these points within reason.

I would always choose an extra day at Disney over a view :) Maybe ask your husband and see what he thinks? He might say that one more day in the whole scheme of things isn't bad.

I would do the savannah view room. We had to switch dates last minute in December, and we couldn't get a whole week savannah so we went std view.

I kind of regretted not getting the savannah view. We have stayed in a savannah room before, so we knew what we were missing.
There are lots of places to stop and look at the animals, but its just more convenient after a long day to just look outside your window. Or to eat breakfast or other meals when your looking out the window at the animals.

However, you never know what time of day you get to view the most animals.

TeresaNJ said:

I am also someone who generally chooses more time at Disney over a better view. But in your situation, it sounds like a shorter stay may be desirable. We love the savanna view rooms at Kidani. There is nothing like sitting out on the balcony in the morning, sipping on coffee, and watching the savanna wake up. We have done standard views twice -- once we had a view of the bus stop (and heard the beeping of buses) and the other time we got lucky with a pool view that was right on the edge of the Pembe savanna. One advantage of doing the standard view is that you may be more motivated to leave the room and explore the resort. There are plenty of places to go and view the animals. On a solo trip, I think it would be great to have the privacy, peacefulness, and wonderful view of a savanna room.

IIRC, at Kidani the animals head to the barn for their daily vet checks from 8 am to 10 so you won't see them for breakfast, but the keepers are great at putting browse in throughout the savanna so they are out the remaining 22 hours.

Again, thank you all for your great suggestions and opinions! I really appreciate it, and value them. :) I'd love the extra day at Disney, and since I'll probably be going alone, most likely will be up and out of the room fairly early. So much to think about. I have done savannah view at the lodge, when we stayed there pre-DVC, and it was awesome to see the animals right outside our room. It's sort of dfferent though, when you're by yourself, sitting on the balcony, drinking coffee, with no one to chit-chat to. I'll be talking to myself! "Isn't that ankole cattle's horns impressive?" "Oh yes, look at how big they are!" LOL! I think I'll ask DH if he'd mind me going for 7 days!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter