Question about Memory Maker for large group

SamSam

http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
I have searched and am still not sure of the answer for my question. We are taking 33 family members to WDW at the end of February, all staying at Kidani on our points.
As I understand it, being Annual Pass holder (me and my husband) we can purchase the Memory Maker and if we 'friend' all our travel partners on My Disney Experience, then we can share the MM?
Or, do I have it wrong. Please help, my husband and I have never purchased MM because with just 2 of us, it didn't seem like a good idea. However, with our extended family coming, it seems like an excellent idea if everyone can access and use it.
Thanks for any and all help.

Being an annual pass holder, you automatically have Photopass photos. Which is better than Memory Maker. You have access to your photos for 365 days instead of the 30 days with MM.

Only you and your husband will be able to download the photos without the watermarks. Everyone needs to link their MDX accounts together and make sure to check the box to share photos.

When you get home, you will want to download the photos and send them to everyone. With a group that large, you should have lots of photos. You can download zipped files for faster downloading from the website. Or you can order an archive disk from Disney for $30 with all the photos.

And you can add borders and stickers to the photos. They are things like the year and park info and cute character stuff. I do it on thw website because they save to you account. You can do them from the app, but they don’t save to your account to be included in the zip files.

As long as you have a higher tier AP, you have Photopass so there's no reason to buy memory maker. Some lower tier AP's don't come with photopass

Make sure everyone going is linked to your friends and family list and then you'll receive everyone's photos. Only the AP holders will be able to download the photos. Then you can text, email, etc the photos to everyone that wants their photos

Oh, good catch. I forgot some of the FL resident passes do not have the photos included.

Thank you all so much, I am very excited that we can use photo pass for everyone. We should have lots of great photos to share between all of us.
Since photo pass comes with AP's (we have gold), do we need to sign up? or is it automatic?
I have been linking someone from each family so they can use their magic band for pictures.
What a wonderful deal!
Thanks again.

Since photo pass comes with AP's (we have gold), do we need to sign up? or is it automatic?
It's automatic once your eligible pass is linked to MDE. The Gold, Platinum and Platinum Plus Passes along with the Disney Premier Passport (DL/WDW Pass) are all eligible for free PhotoPass downloads.

Thank you all so much, I am very excited that we can use photo pass for everyone. We should have lots of great photos to share between all of us.
I have been linking someone from each family so they can use their magic band for pictures.
What a wonderful deal!
Thanks again.

It's active as long as your AP is active. There's nothing special you have to do.

We're AP holders and a party of 11 of us were at WDW in Nov. I added all of them to my Friends&Family list then I gave the adults my user name and password. All the F&F made use of Photo Pass and they downloaded their pics without my involvement.

Bill From PA

We're AP holders and a party of 11 of us were at WDW in Nov. I added all of them to my Friends&Family list then I gave the adults my user name and password. All the F&F made use of Photo Pass and they downloaded their pics without my involvement.

Bill From PA
Thank you Bill, that's very helpful. I'm so excited that we can all share, so the other family members don't need to purchase MM.

Will the rest of the group be able to see the photos on their own MDE? I understand they can't download them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!