Question about Moonlight Magic at Epcot...

amccu18007

DIS Veteran
We will be arriving on December 11th. We could not get a room for that night through our points(no availability)but will be staying onsite and then switching over to a DVC resort on the 12th. Will we still be able to get tickets for moonlight madness or are we out of luck? Not sure how all of this works as this will be the first event that we will be at the world for. Thanks in advance for any input that you have.

IMO, there will be availability left for those who are staying off site when the on site priority period ends.

I don't really know how the Epcot event will work out. There really isn't much to do after normal hours to make it really special.

:earsboy: Bill

I don't really know how the Epcot event will work out. There really isn't much to do after normal hours to make it really special.

:earsboy: Bill
I was thinking this too. I figured that since we would be there anyway, we would check it out. I guess a few rides will be open? I am hoping for a cool fireworks show. Not sure how Illuminations will change now that Siemens is no longer sponsoring it. Maybe they will try something new out for us? Do we think that the Worlds will all stay open??

In addition to rides, I'm thinking character meets (maybe some that are rarely seen) and special entertainment. Don't think we will be disappointed. :)

In addition to rides, I'm thinking character meets (maybe some that are rarely seen) and special entertainment. Don't think we will be disappointed. :)
I agree, I think they'll do a great job.:)
Moonlight Magic at MK had special fireworks, wow....even if they do not go that far, the Holiday tag is already on Illuminations then, I am looking forward to being there.

We're hoping to go to the one on the 4th. We went to the MK one and it was great but many of us thought it was over-crowded considering it was a special event. Hopefully they don't 'over-book' the Epcot ones.

I'm planning for December 4th. I had a dream last night that we were there and I mentioned about the Monday night at Epcot and realized I never signed up! I was on my phone trying to find out if it was still available. Then I woke up....whew!

Piggybacking on this thread with another question clarifying participation. This is confusing to me.
  • Party size limits apply:
    • For Members with a reservation at a Disney Resort hotel, party size is limited to the Member and up to the number of guests listed on their Disney Resort hotel reservation.
    • For Members without a reservation at a Disney Resort hotel, party size is limited to the Member and up to 5 guests.
We will be staying at BWV (party of 9 using pnts from my membership only), on the 4th we have 8:00 resv at La Hacienda with my DDs friend (and family party of 4). I added my DD to one of my contracts awhile ago so she is a member also but not on the contract used for this resv, can she make resv and bring the family of 4 as her guests? I will call and ask MS tomorrow if no one has the answer, just didn't want to tie up the MS phone line if I can get clarification here. Thanks

Piggybacking on this thread with another question clarifying participation. This is confusing to me.
    • For Members with a reservation at a Disney Resort hotel, party size is limited to the Member and up to the number of guests listed on their Disney Resort hotel reservation.
    • For Members without a reservation at a Disney Resort hotel, party size is limited to the Member and up to 5 guests.
We will be staying at BWV (party of 9 using pnts from my membership only), on the 4th we have 8:00 resv at La Hacienda with my DDs friend (and family party of 4). I added my DD to one of my contracts awhile ago so she is a member also but not on the contract used for this resv, can she make resv and bring the family of 4 as her guests? I will call and ask MS tomorrow if no one has the answer, just didn't want to tie up the MS phone line if I can get clarification here. Thanks
I can only answer for what I did earlier this year at the MK event:
My DW and I were staying at AKL.
Had family members who are on another contract but not the one I used for this particular stay. They drove in for the event.
Had other family members who are not DVC members but were staying at CR.
I booked for 6 people when the booking window opened even though I was only in a studio.
I got the wrist bands for all six of us at the resort, met the ones who drove in in the resort parking lot, the ones who were at CR had APs and we met them inside the park.

Let us know what you find out - although you may not know until the booking actually opens. :)

My best guess is that at worst, your daughter may have to book her friends during the off-site booking period. As I posted above, I don't think that will be a problem for those folks who book when their windows first open

Would like to attend on the 4th, staying at Beach Club, how will we know when booking opens?

I wonder if the World Showcase will stay open at all? Or will it only be in Future World? And will they let us know ahead of time?

epcot-eo-futureworld-night-170x96.jpg

Highlights
Discover holiday cheer at Epcot, and enjoy access to select attractions and experiences.

"Holiday Cheer!" :santa:

Am looking forward to this!

There is a rumor that the Lights of Winter might be coming back to Epcot. I never got to see them. It would be great to see them with a smaller crowd.

That would make me one happy camper. Back in the day, at the end of the night, we'd sit on "our" bench where we could see both the fountain and the lights of winter. Spent a good 20-30 mins sitting there while the millions of people heading toward the buses.

I'm anxious to see what they do offer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!