Question about New Year's at WDW

Psychodisney

DIS Veteran
I'm booking our New Year's trip to BCV today!:yay: Does anyone know if the resorts put on a party or is everything at the parks? Not sure I want to fight massive crowds at the parks but would like a fun atmosphere.

Go to the party at Disney Studios. We did that a few times and had a blast. Good bands, great fun. Plus they do Fantasmic three times that night. And the midnight fireworks are great. It was the least crowded of the three parks still open.

There are parties at every resort and all the parks, including DTD. You can see the NYE fireworks on the 30th and then go to MGM on the 31st. We have seen EPCOT, MK and MGM fireworks for NYE. MK and MGM are the best, but we prefered the party over at MGM the best! Plus its the least crowded.

We are going again this year at New Years for the third time in a row.

Our favorite place for NYE is Epcot. Each of the countries celebrates when it is midnight their time, and the midnight Illmuminations is not to be missed!

Where do they show the fireworks on th 30th-every park? Is the Epcot crowd rowdier(ie. enjoying a few more cocktails-not that I'm opposed to that when the kids aren't in tow!) I figured that if we go to a park it would be MGM or Epcot to make it easier getting back to BCV.

Epcot does have a more adult flavor -- especially in the countries.

I don't recall them having the spectacular fireworks on the 30th....is this something new? On NYE, the fireworks in all the parks make the entire resort seem like it's under aerial attack. NYE at WDW is something everyone should try at least once.

They used to have fireworks every night at midnight (about 2 minutes long) at PI. Is that what the PP was referring to? They discontinued that about a year ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter