Question about Once a Year Transfer of Points

Frederic Civish

“I’m just here for the Ears.”
DVC Gold
Hi everyone. I'm sure this has been answered before, but I have a question about Transfers.

It is October. My relatives want to transfer 28 points to me for a reservation I made for them, for next week.

Their Use Year is October, and just started. My Use Year is September.

Okay, here is my question. We get ONE transfer per year, into or out of any one account. Does the once per year go on a Calendar Year, Jan through December? Or does it run on the Use Year? And if so, does it mean that if we do this transfer, THEY will not be able to make another transfer until next October? And I will not be able to make another transfer until next September?

Thanks for your input. I appreciate having all the knowledgeable people here as a resource.

It is one transfer, in or out, per "use year." They could transfer next year's Oct points now -- actual transfer can occur at any time for either the current use year points or the next use year points. They could actually do both transfers in the same phone call but probably should avoid that since, in the past, there have been MS personnel on the phone who did not understand the actual rules and balked at doing two transfers on the same call.

Last edited:
Since you are both in your 2019 UY, those would be the points, I am assuming, you want to transfer. If you do, then you both would use up your 2019 transfer.

You would the. Be able to transfer 2020 UY points in the future. You do not need to be in that UY to initiate it.

Just remember, once transferred, those points retain home resort and UY, so the points you get will be Oct UY points and expire Sept 30, 2020, unless you bank them and then they will be good until September 30, 2021.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!