Question about Prednisone and no tapering?

OP I don’t think you have to worry because it’s such a short time. You should be OK

DS was on large doses of dexamethosone for 8 months. I could hardly bear to watch the tapering:guilty:

My son is severe asthmatic. Anytime he has taken prednisone for more than 5 days it is tapered. 5 days never. I guess there is a magic cut off for how many days you take it. It has been awhile since he has had to take any, possibly 2 years so I don't remember the exact dosage. But yes, he has taken 5 day courses with no tapering but once it was upped to 10 it was always tapered.

Kelly

This is our experience too. My son took it for a month once, and had to taper. Another doctor gave him a 5 day course before for a SEVERE and I mean SEVERE sore throat. No taper needed.

I was about to answer this, since I am a physician, but, I won't because it was from 8 years ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!