Question about propane and campers

Colleen A.

<font color=green>Disney Planning Maniac!<br><font
My husband and I have been discussing whether or not we should replace our standard smoke detector with a carbon minoxide/smoke detector combo. We don't know is propane release carnon minoxide or not. Do you think this is a good idea or we'd be fine with the smoke detector? (They only time it goes off is when I cook!:earseek: ) Thanks for all the help!!

Colleen

I think that propane does put off carbon monoxide. Our pop-up came with a smoke/carbon monoxide detector combination, and propane is the only gas it has.

Our trailer has a smoke detector and a propane leak detector, it doesn not have a carbon monoxide detector but seems it woul dbe a good idea to have one. I do not believe that propane gives off carbon monoxide fumes, as I recall propane is used to power certain equipment that is traditionally used "Indoors" such as floor buffers and the machines used in ice skating rinks where carbon monoxide fumes could be very dangerous,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter