Question about sleeping arrangements

disneyfanzz

Mouseketeer
We are going on a 3 day cruise in December. Me, my DH, DS7 and DD2 are assigned to one category 11 room. My mom, dad, DS2 and another DD2 are assigned to a category 11 room next door.
My question is this. My kids adore their grandparents but they are really clingy to me and I don't know if they would really sleep with their grandparents. I have thought about having my husband sleep in the pull out bed, my 7 year old and a 2 year old in the couch bed and me in the double bed with two 2 year olds. I know it sounds cramped, but would they allow me to do this? It's only for 3 nights.

Thanks,
Kerianne

Well I haven't been on a cruise yet but I don't see how they would know unless you told them this is what you were planning to do. ;) I wouldn't think anyone would be knocking on your stateroom door during sleeping hours unless you specifically request something (room service, etc...) - I wouldn't worry about it too much! Your kids may surprise you (at least your 7 year old) and want to sleep in Grandma and Grandpa's room!!!

~ Angie
MommyTo5

Keep in mind that the pull out bunk only holds 200 pounds.

How would they know who is sleeping in your room? They wouldn't, but it does sound way too cramped for me!:crowded:

I can't see why it would matter, like the others have said, it's not like they check your room after everyone is tucked in.
If it ends up that the kids are all going to sleep in your room, be sure to put their life jackets in the room where they are. Should they need them you don't want to have to look for them in the next room.

Cindy
:firefight

Thanks for your replies. Lots of gook information as always. Hopefully they'll sleep with Grandma and Grandpa.

The couch bed is small, it won't be big enough for the 2 and the 7 year old to share. Why not put the 7 year old with with the granparents? That way he has some special time with them and he won't be crowded and get a good nights sleep.

It is true that the sofa bed and the pull-down bunk aren't that big. They are slightly shorter and narrower than a regular twin bed IMO. There is no way a 7 YO and a 2 YO would be able to fit on it, and me at 5' 2" was VERY uncomfortable on the convertible sofa, DS wanted to sleep with DH one night. I'd also vote on trying to have them sleep with the grandparents, and if they won't have the 7 YO go over there.

Unfortunately my 7 year old is the one with the biggest problem. I was in the hospital on bedrest for 3 months with my triplets and he never got over having to stay at other peoples homes. He turns 7 on this trip so hopefully he'll outgrow it,

When I booked my reservation, I mentioned that the kids might be moving to a grandparents' cabin and asked if it were a problem if we switched them later. The CM told me to just do it w/out telling them about it - - once you're on board, you can sleep where you want.

I actually think that it would work, the bed is fairly big, on our last night my 6 year old slept with my husband and I, and we were fine, and I can't see a problem with a 2 and 7 year old sleeping on the sofa, you can have 1 at the head 1 at the feet.
Of course, we camp and are used to rather tight sleeping arrangements, but I really think that it would work just fine, you just will need a couple of extra pillows.

Thank you for your help. I think sleeping with their feet together would work well. My kids are small kids. The 2 year olds are each around 25 lbs and my 7 year old is around 40 and they're all in like the 20th percentile for height. I'm thinking it might work. Thanks!
Kerianne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter