Question about Star Wars Galactic Spectacular

brad813

DIS Veteran
I am interested in going to the Star Wars Galactic Spectacular, but am concerned about the crowds after. I was looking at going to this on a night that Epcot has Evening EMH, so would like to know if it would be possible to get out of the park quickly immediately after.

There is a huge crowd leaving but it doesn't take long to get out of the park. Closer to the front of the park, quicker you'll be out..but you'll want to be close to the Chinese theater. Being up close to the center of the park it's probably taken us 10 min to be out of the park.

There is a huge crowd leaving but it doesn't take long to get out of the park. Closer to the front of the park, quicker you'll be out..but you'll want to be close to the Chinese theater. Being up close to the center of the park it's probably taken us 10 min to be out of the park.

I was planning to go in late September, so lower crowds will help. I was basically trying to figure out if I could combine it with Tuesday evening EMH at Epcot, taking my car between the parks. Seems like it should work, even though I may be a moment or two late.

I was planning to go in late September, so lower crowds will help. I was basically trying to figure out if I could combine it with Tuesday evening EMH at Epcot, taking my car between the parks. Seems like it should work, even though I may be a moment or two late.

Taking your car between the 2 parks will be the bigger issue. I would either park st Epcot walk through and take a boat to DHS the boat back/walk back to Epcot or park at DHS and walk/boat back to DHS the drive. Getting out of DHS after fireworks can be a nightmare if driving.

Getting out of the parking lot at DHS and into the Epcot parking lot will take time.

You might want to consider walking the path between DHS and Epcot. Takes us 20 minutes to get from DHS to International Gateway.

I am psyched to see this! I know the good spots to view other things, but where's a good spot for watching this???

Getting out of the parking lot at DHS and into the Epcot parking lot will take time.

You might want to consider walking the path between DHS and Epcot. Takes us 20 minutes to get from DHS to International Gateway.

Wasn't aware there was a path. With a 15 to 20 minute walk I could easily be back at Epcot in time to catch IllumiNations as well. I will be staying at Fort Wilderness, so that may help me avoid driving my car to the parks as well.

Wasn't aware there was a path. With a 15 to 20 minute walk I could easily be back at Epcot in time to catch IllumiNations as well. I will be staying at Fort Wilderness, so that may help me avoid driving my car to the parks as well.

Yeah the path is pretty easy and should be nice and cool at night. You go under a bridge which doesn't always feel right but it is. Walking for most will be the most efficient method.

Yeah the path is pretty easy and should be nice and cool at night. You go under a bridge which doesn't always feel right but it is. Walking for most will be the most efficient method.

I walk fairly quickly(I do a mile to mile and a half in about 15 minutes), but out of curiosity, what is the transit time for the boat?

I walk fairly quickly(I do a mile to mile and a half in about 15 minutes), but out of curiosity, what is the transit time for the boat?
boat is longer. Ususually about 20-45 min for the boat. It has multiple stops

Ok, then walking it is. With the Food and Wine Festival going on at Epcot, I could easily take breaks by moving between parks as needed. A lot of possibilities.

I agree we took the boat last trip from HS and it took a long time. When we were leaving HS we had at least a 15 or 20 minute wait before the boat was loaded and took off. Then other stops. I'm guessing it took about 45 minutes.

I agree with walking from DHS to EP after Star Wars. Boats and buses will be packed. If you aren't adverse to it, you can also take uber - they pick up at the DHS taxi stand just beyond the bus stops. If you do this, ask them to drop you off at BC.

This is exactly what I am trying to do. I need to wait for the dates to be released for the Star Wars show, need to get the desert party package. And then will walk to Epcot for illuminations. I'm only there 3.5 days. I will probably hit AK in the morning with EMH and then over to HS and walk to Epcot.

We went spring break 2017 and took the walking path from DHS to Epcot. Lines for buses and boats super long. It's a nice lighted path and easy to walk.

This is exactly what I am trying to do. I need to wait for the dates to be released for the Star Wars show, need to get the desert party package. And then will walk to Epcot for illuminations. I'm only there 3.5 days. I will probably hit AK in the morning with EMH and then over to HS and walk to Epcot.

Most likely you won't make it to Epcot for illumination. I believe it takes place at the same time as the Star Wars Spectacular. Desert party is great and front and center viewing for the show. We did this in March and made it back in time at Epcot to hit Frozen ride. If you time it just right you can catch the boat at boardwalk going to Epcot, no one in line waiting.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Familiarize yourself with where the walking path is when leaving DHS to Epcot. In the dark everything looks different. We fumbled around for 10 minutes until we remembered we needed go out towards the buses to get to the walking path.

I agree we took the boat last trip from HS and it took a long time. When we were leaving HS we had at least a 15 or 20 minute wait before the boat was loaded and took off. Then other stops. I'm guessing it took about 45 minutes.

We walked from DHS to the boardwalk and caught the boat that was heading to Epcot. No wait line there and gave us a little break. You pass it on the way to Epcot so you can see if a boat is coming in/waiting and how long of line there is.

Most likely you won't make it to Epcot for illumination. I believe it takes place at the same time as the Star Wars Spectacular. Desert party is great and front and center viewing for the show. We did this in March and made it back in time at Epcot to hit Frozen ride. If you time it just right you can catch the boat at boardwalk going to Epcot, no one in line waiting.

If it is a friday or Saturday during Food and Wine it is actually pretty darn likely. It is the only time of the year that sometimes you can manage the 3 park challenge. You use to be able to do Fantasmic, Illuminations, and Wishes in a night during food and wine if you timed it right. Now it depends on what time Happily Ever After happens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter