Question about switching resorts

FSU Girl

DIS Veteran
At the moment I have the Contemporary booked for an upcoming weekend stay. I've already paid the room in full. I'm now playing around with switching it to another resort (I have a lot of stays coming up at Bay Lake Tower and feel I should do something different)

If I pick a resort that costs less than what I paid, how will that work? Will I get refunded the difference? I think it shows up as a room credit, but we never charge back to the room so it would never get used.

At the moment I have the Contemporary booked for an upcoming weekend stay. I've already paid the room in full. I'm now playing around with switching it to another resort (I have a lot of stays coming up at Bay Lake Tower and feel I should do something different)

If I pick a resort that costs less than what I paid, how will that work? Will I get refunded the difference? I think it shows up as a room credit, but we never charge back to the room so it would never get used.
They will refund the credit but you might have to ask them to do it. Otherwise, they probably just leave the credit on your account since your check in day is very close. :)

We downgraded the rooms while we were there and they gave us a credit, which was nice because it felt like free money!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter