Question about the Florida resident 3 or 4 day pass

For example, I live 4 hours away from WDW and I would personally never consider getting an AP as I do not feel that I would be able to fully reap the benefits of having an AP

I live in WA state and have had an AP for Wdw once or twice, 3 or 4 years of Disneyland APS, and nearly 5 years of Universal Florida APs. :)

It’s all about what plans you have and what admission works for you in a given span of 365 days.

I was more so referring to the purpose of an AP, most AP holders live in the Orlando metro area or at least within 2-hour driving distance radius and hence reap the true benefits and flexibility of having an AP.. Of course if you plan on making the drive on a regular basis to visit WDW then it may be worth it for you from a financial standpoint, however, some may not see it that way as you are not necessarily within driving distance to WDW.. For example, I live 4 hours away from WDW and I would personally never consider getting an AP as I do not feel that I would be able to fully reap the benefits of having an AP, driving in for example for just dinner at Epcot would not make sense and wouldn't be worth the 8 hours of driving roundtrip..

LOTS of AP folks on here don't live close. I understand if it doesn't work for you but ... where you live doesn't matter.

The best way to determine if the AP is for someone is how many days they plan to spend at WDW in the next year.

If the AP comes out less or close to what you would pay for regular tickets for your trips than it's worth it,
especially since it comes with other discounts and perks.

There are some people where 1 person in a family buy the AP just for 1 long trip for the free parking and discounts.

If you are only going for 3 or 4 days then I wouldn't buy an AP. With the 4 day pass you will not be blacked out on NYE

I purchased the Discover Florida Pass. How long is the line usually at Magic Kingdom to show proof of Florida ID and activate tickets? Or do I just do that at the regular ticket line?

I purchased the Discover Florida Pass. How long is the line usually at Magic Kingdom to show proof of Florida ID and activate tickets? Or do I just do that at the regular ticket line?
depends on where you go my parent got a 3 day FL pass and we went Sunday afternoon to the MK and walked right up to the ticket window no wait at all took maybe 20 minutes ( we spent most of the time asking about upgrading to an AP and what AP would work better weekday select, silver, gold ) so if we did not do this I think it would have taken 5-10 minutes.

One tip for florida residents and blockout dates: You can buy a regular ticket for the blacked out dates, then upgrade it after to an annual pass so long as you haven't used up for ticket. For example, we bought a regular florida resident ticket and went to the parks on saturday and sunday, then on monday we upgraded it to a weekday select annual pass.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts