Question about time change

luvsvacation

Mouseketeer
We'll be traveling through Arizona, California, Nevada and Utah this summer. I'm wondering about time change. I know that going from Nevada to Utah we will lose an hour. I'm curious about the Arizona/Calif difference, I've heard that Arizona doesn't participate in daylight savings?? Does this mean that Arizona and Calif. will be on the same time during the summer? I'm sure this is a silly question, and I'm over thinking this, but I just want to be sure that the only time change we will come across will be going from Nevada to Utah. Thanks!

We'll be traveling through Arizona, California, Nevada and Utah this summer. I'm wondering about time change. I know that going from Nevada to Utah we will lose an hour. I'm curious about the Arizona/Calif difference, I've heard that Arizona doesn't participate in daylight savings?? Does this mean that Arizona and Calif. will be on the same time during the summer? I'm sure this is a silly question, and I'm over thinking this, but I just want to be sure that the only time change we will come across will be going from Nevada to Utah. Thanks!

Right now Arizona is the same time as Calif, in the fall we will be an hour different.

It's MST everywhere in Arizona except for the Navajo Reservation, which does recognize DST. That could be an issue because it's a huge reservation and lots of businesses on the reservation that serve travelers.

Thanks for the info, I had no idea about the reservation being on different time! We'll be staying in Page, it looks like it's just outside the reservation on the map. Is this true?

Thanks for the info, I had no idea about the reservation being on different time! We'll be staying in Page, it looks like it's just outside the reservation on the map. Is this true?

Page is right on the border with Utah and not part of the Navajo Reservation. However, a lot of the people working and shopping in Page are Navajo. I got my hair cut in Page and I think the cutter was Navajo.

It's kind of a last stop for alcohol. Alcohol sales are kind of odd in Utah where it's either lower alcohol beer or only sold at a state liquor store at inflated prices and with poor selection. It's supposedly not legal to bring private alcohol into Utah, but I hear it happens all the time. Also, alcohol can't be sold on the Navajo Reservation, so this is where a lot of those living there buy alcohol.

I was just thinking that if you're on the res and looking for a business to be open, DST could be an issue. I recall going through wanting to find a bank, and my particular bank had a branch in Tuba City. I'm not sure though, since apparently a lot of businesses don't follow DST to be like the rest of Arizona.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter