Question about TiW

ksromack

DIS Veteran
Does the Tables in Wonderland card expire from the day you purchase it or the day you first use it?
I want to purchase it ahead of time so I can get the more substantial card (as opposed to the paper card I would get if purchased at Guest Services). We aren't arriving until Oct 2nd which is when I'll activate my AP.

Its 13 months from day you buy it so not a good idea to buy it ahead and not use it for awhile. Not sure what you mean by more substantial card. We always buy it at guest services and it’s what I call a hard Shiny paper. Not plastic but also not just a soft paper that can be torn easily.

I got mine at GS at Epcot and it's sort of harder paper, not plastic like my AP card but not paper like my SS card.

I thought that the TiW card was good until the last day of the month in which you purchased - not an automatic 13 months. If you buy a card on January 15th it doesn't expire on February 15th - it expires on January 31st. So if you bought a card on the first of the month and it expires on the last day of the month, yes you would get 13 months. But the clock counts down exponentially the further into the month you purchase you card.

I thought that the TiW card was good until the last day of the month in which you purchased - not an automatic 13 months. If you buy a card on January 15th it doesn't expire on February 15th - it expires on January 31st. So if you bought a card on the first of the month and it expires on the last day of the month, yes you would get 13 months. But the clock counts down exponentially the further into the month you purchase you card.
I believe that it expires at the end of the month following the month in which it was purchased. IOW, if you were to purchase today, the card would expire on 09/30/2019. I need to g back and look at the card I have from last year...

ETA: I checked and while I was wrong about the year (we used my brother's TiW last year), I was correct about the valid period. A TiW that I purchased in Oct. 2015 expired on Nov. 30, 2016.

Last edited:
and not to hijack this thread but just curious about when you can add the extra card for $50 - do you have to add when you purchase or can you add anytime during the year the TiW is valid?

and not to hijack this thread but just curious about when you can add the extra card for $50 - do you have to add when you purchase or can you add anytime during the year the TiW is valid?
You can add the extra card at any time but it will only be good until the original card expires.

The clock starts ticking on the card when you purchase it. We got one via the mail and it was good for a bit more than 12 months. We got one at the MK and it was good for exactly 12 months to the day.

Interesting the different experiences, we bought ours on 8/10 @ MK and it is good until 9/30/19.

I really wish they would give out something more substantial. I saw / experienced on a couple occasions where the card had to be swiped several times and a supervisor in the AoA food court commented to me about how they don't hold up well.

The clock starts ticking on the card when you purchase it. We got one via the mail and it was good for a bit more than 12 months. We got one at the MK and it was good for exactly 12 months to the day.
That’s not typical and not how the expiration is supposed to work. Seems like a CM got a little overzealous on you.

That’s not typical and not how the expiration is supposed to work. Seems like a CM got a little overzealous on you.
Technically, the TIW card is only good for one year. So what they did was within the rules of the card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter