question about ttc and monorail

kerri0616

DIS Veteran
I'll try to make my question as uncomplicated as possible...here goes...Let's say you arrive at MK in your rental car and park where the attendants direct you to. You then hop on the tram and take it to the monorail station (this is the ttc, right?). You monorail into the park and enjoy a wonderful day at MK. You're there on a Saturday in off peak time which means that there is only ONE showing of Spectromagic for the entire week. You luck out and find some space to see spectro. Now the park is closed and everyone around you has the same plan...get to the monorail. Tens of thousands of people are corralled toward one monorail line.

Now here's my actual question. You notice that besides the main exit monorail line, there is another monorail line for "resorts". If you get on this resort monorail does it eventually end up where it all began earlier that morning--the ttc? Or does it just go to the monorail hotels and back to mk?

I would like to avoid the horror of exiting MK along with thousands of other sweaty, weary car-driving guests.

Thanks for your wisdom,

Kerri

yes. you can take the resort line back or even the ferry back. Keep in mind, that even though there is a huge amount of people on the express line, it usually goes quicker than the resort line.

My best advice for exiting the Mk at closing time is to never even try to exit the MK at closing (or anytime just after Spectromagic/fireworks, closing time or not). You are much better off browsing the still-open shops on Main street or waiting on a bench for the deluge to swamp the monorails and ferryboat. After a short while, When the exiting crowds seem to have lessened, then you can head for the monorail. You will avoid much of the mob scene (literally!) at the exit, while enjoying a few more minutes of the magic, and not arrive at your destination all that much later than if you had fought the crowds (because the line for the monorail or ferryboat will be shorter). You will wait either way, it's just a matter of where - and the few minutes saved by joining the mob aren't worth it.

After all, who really wants to get in a hurry to leave the MK?

DC7800 has the right idea. It is madness exiting right after the evening events to get back to your car. Not only do you have a long wait for the monorail or even boat, but then you hit another long wait for that tram that takes you back to your car, and then you hit slow exiting traffic. Whenever we have driven to MK and stayed till closing we usually browse about for 40 minutes or more after the nightly events before trying to leave.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter