Question about Universal APs

DougK

Mouseketeer
We are planning a trip in May 2019 for a few days at Universal Florida and we also plan to be going back for a few days within a year, so that means an AP would work well for us. I am thinking of buying the Seasonal Passes since the blockout dates will not affect us. My question is does it make sense to buy the passes now or wait until it is closer to May 2019? How much time do I have after I buy them online until I use them for the first time? Also does the one year clock start ticking when I buy the passes or when I first use them?

Another question: I was given a code to add 3 months to our passes but I don't see anywhere on Universal's ticketing website to enter a code. I am not a Florida resident but I am hoping this code is good for anyone, if I can find where to enter it.

Thanks in advance for your help!

I am not sure how long you have to activate once you buy the AP. The promotion for 15 months for AP is a current promotion. They had in the Spring, then extended it the rest of the year. It applies automatically when you buy or renew pass and pay in full. If you pay in installments, you do not get the 15 month promotion. Good deal in my book. As renewed in August, used in August, and will use at least next month and next year in September and October. And I am not a Florida resident either.

You can buy the passes when ever you want and activate them when you get to the park. Your time starts when you activate.

The only reason to buy early is there will probably be a price increase after the first of the year.

Where did you get the code for the extra months. I know at one time they were on a Wendy's cup but I haven't seen them lately.

I received an email from UO to renew my ap this spring

The offer to receive a 15 month renewal was given at that time

I went with that instead of the 12 month renewal

Not aware of the special you mentioned with Wendy’s

Does anyone know if you need a code for the 15 months AP when buying it? Because when I go to checkout, there is nowhere at all to put in a promo code. Or does it automatically apply when you buy the pass, because it does not say anything about it when you go to buy one.

Does anyone know if you need a code for the 15 months AP when buying it? Because when I go to checkout, there is nowhere at all to put in a promo code. Or does it automatically apply when you buy the pass, because it does not say anything about it when you go to buy one.
I’ve seen where it talks about a renewal for 15 months but not that option for a new pass. . Hope someone responds with better info.

Just booked my room and plan on buying annual passes soon. I have a question, when we go to the park to pick up the passes does everybody need to have id to activate them or only me.

Did you end up buying your AP? If so did you get the 15 months, and did you get the 2 park or 3 park?
Since we are going mid December, don't know if the weather will be warm enough for Volcano Bay, hoping! So, think we will purchase 2 park, buy 2, get 2 days free then upgrade to AP at park. Will either upgrade to 3 day park to park or stay with 2 day park to park. We'll see, hoping for warm enough weather, but being at Universal will be great for a pre holiday trip!:santa: It is my understanding, that the 15 months for AP is for AP renewals, not for new AP.

Consider upgrading tickets that I purchased with a package bought through Costco. Is this possible? Where can it be done? I'm assuming that would be picking up the tickets when check into the hotel, staying at Sapphire Falls.

Since we are going mid December, don't know if the weather will be warm enough for Volcano Bay, hoping! So, think we will purchase 2 park, buy 2, get 2 days free then upgrade to AP at park. Will either upgrade to 3 day park to park or stay with 2 day park to park. We'll see, hoping for warm enough weather, but being at Universal will be great for a pre holiday trip!:santa: It is my understanding, that the 15 months for AP is for AP renewals, not for new AP.
Ok thanks for clearing it up. December can be hit or miss with temperature, really depends on the year.

Consider upgrading tickets that I purchased with a package bought through Costco. Is this possible? Where can it be done? I'm assuming that would be picking up the tickets when check into the hotel, staying at Sapphire Falls.

You should be able to. Easiest way is to do them at Guest Services inside the park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter