question about using postcards

prymsu

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
I just got my postcards and castaway club info today in the mail. I was surprised since we only sailed in January.

I have four postcards to give away, but here is my question: these are only good for people who have not already booked a cruise, is this correct? On the postcard it strates that it must be applied at time of booking.

I want to give these away, but want to make sure that someone will benefit from them, otherwise i would save them for people at work who have not yet booked a Disney Cruise, but will be in the near future.

Has anyone been told that they could not get the shipboard credit because they were already booked?

Thanx!

There are a few threads on this subject and when reading them, it sounds like different people have different experiences. For myself, I requested one of the cards in February and I received e-mail stating she would mail the postcard in for me and gave me a code at the bottom of the card. I had already made my reservations and paid my deposit but I contacted my TA, gave her the code and, in a day or so, she got back to me and said I was all set that the $50 onboard credit was in my account and I would receive it when I boarded in Sept. Maybe they have a different set of rules for each month? Anyway, I did receive the credit, according to my TA, and I had already booked. Maybe someone else has had similar experiences.

Sue,

You are sure to be bombarded with requests for your four postcards!! :)

Let me join the throngs of replies you are sure to get as quickly as I can! We (DH,DD9, DD6, and myself) are taking our first cruise on June 8 and would love one of your postcards!!

You are going to be a very popular person for a while :)

Amy
Amy1007@aol.com

It does seem as though everyone has different experiences because I recieved a postcard from someone off this board, it had already expired, I called Disney and she asked for the code #, there wasn't a code # just a CST # and she didn't even ask for it. She gave me $50 onboard ship credit for both rooms that we have reserved. She never mentioned anything about having to use it at time of booking. So, I got lucky and got $100 credit! :bounce:
I think it all depends on the operator you get connected with at Disney.

:earsboy: :earsgirl:
:earsgirl: :earsgirl: :earsgirl: :earsgirl:

I also was offered a postcard from someone here and when I called Disney to ask if I could use it since I already booked they said to just give them a code from the card, which was only 3 letters and probably the same on them all, and they applied the credit right then, they said no need to mail them in the postcard!

Hi , I also recieved postcards yesterday and can't use them for myself (at least I don't think so) and have offered to share them. My question to you is would you consider "swapping" one? My family and I are going on the Magic on 4/27. I don' t think I can use my own postcard, but maybe I could use one of yours. I'd be gald to send you one of mine. I wonder if they all have the same codes????

We are booked for a September 7 night cruise and would love to receive a post card if you extras. I am sure you may already have lots of requests. You can e-mail me at owlridge13@yahoo.com if you haven't promosed them all out yet. Thanks in advance.
Paula

Hi there!

I am going to sail on the Oct. 31 Wonder, and would also LOVE to receive a postcard if you have an extra!! My dd (15) and ds (10) will be traveling with my entire family (there will be 18 of us in all!), we are all 1st timers, and ever sooooo excited.

Thanks in advance for your consideration! I can be emailed at: kim@formulak.com.

Thanks again,
Kim

WOOHOO! We are on the 4/14 WONDER and I would sure like to try to use one of those postcards if you would be willing to send it to me. I will do the same for future cruisers when I get mine.

E-mail me at louisemccloskey@hotmail.com

THANKS A BIG BUNCH!!!!:D :D

We will be first time Dis cruisers this Dec. and booked our cruise Oct 2000. When I read about this offer I didn't hesitate to call our TA. She contacted Disney, mentioned 'the code' and had no problems giving us the $50 credit for each of our 5 cabins.
Thank you Dis board, Disney and our TA @Cruise411 :) :p :D

Originally posted by prymsu
If you don't have to have the postcard as some folks have suggested, call and give the reference code REF for the 50 dollar credit. Hope that helps...

thats the code I used and it worked perfectly!

prymsu...

Oh please, don't worry :(
You were just trying to help and
that's what we are all here for, isn't it ?? :)

~4nana:sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter