Question about using the dark transfer paper..

MickeyHereWeCome!

DIS Veteran
I've never tried this, but am thrilled to learn there is a way to put designs on dark t-shirts. Our trip isn't until October, but I am dying to make all the shirts now LOL.

I have read that you need to cut away all of the white from the dark transfer paper, or it will show through on the shirt. Is this just the white that might be outside of the design (border?) or is this every speck of white in the entire thing? My reason for asking is that I just read a thread about using a princess shirt (loved the designs shared), but several of the designs that were offered for her suggestion had specks of white here and there in the design. I can't even imagine having to trim away all of the tiny white spaces inside, and since I know I don't have the patience for that...I'll know to avoid it if that's the case.

So....am I looking for a completely white-free design?

Thanks! And thanks for making me t-shirt obsessed :cool1:

If the white is part of the design, then it's a good thing it will show up white! ;) I'm not sure if I understand what you are asking :confused3

For example, here are a couple of our dark shirts:

Cassi-christmasWDWstyle.jpg

Cassi-missionmickey.jpg

You can see specks of white, or even the Mrs. Potts ornament in solid white, in both of these designs. Since that is part of the design, the paper NEEDS to remain white.... who wants an Yellow Mrs. Potts!? :rotfl:

The difference is here. If you DON'T trim away the excess, you'll just have white on your shirt even in places that AREN'T part of the design:

Lisa-MVMCP.jpg

So you pretty much just want to trim away "excess" white areas. A design with white in it is fine, just leave those parts as they are!
Hope that helps!

Thanks. Sorry I didn't word my question right. I was a bit confused when people mentioned having to trim all the white. You cleared it up perfectly. Thanks for sharing your pics. I can't wait to try my own now. :sunny:

You also can get the image you have or want and just put it on a background the same color as the shirt or go and open it in windows picture viewer and use the eraser and erase any white spots. ( if it was in the ones I made you and sent to you just let me know I can take them and go back and re erase any spots I missed when I made them transparent!

Great! Glad I could help! I think the because the light paper and dark paper work so differently, it gets very confusing until you do some! Good luck, and let us know how they turn out! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter