• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Question @Butterfly farm & tour

Hot4disney

The Pink Bouncy Ball is Kaity!!
Hi all! Just wondering if anyone did this on their own- without the help of Disney? Is it possible to just get a cab and have the driver take you? I thought I read somewhere on these boards that people have paid a cab driver to drop them off at a beach and then he comes back and picks them up as well. Yikes! Anyone ever get stranded?..I would freak!

I digress..I'd really love to go and see these butterflies...when we did the butterfly zone at the Bronx zoo, my husband was like a magnet -he is over 6 feet tall-so they loved him! He had half a dozen on his head fluttering about..makes for a great pic!

Thanks for your info!

Hmmm...Good idea. Has anyone taken a cab to the butterfly farm? If so, what was the cost? How long a cab ride, do they wait for you, or are cabs there waiting to take you back. etc...

Thanks
Joanna

What island is the butterfly farm at? I was at the Bronx zoo also and saw the butterfly exhibit, dd 6 and 3 loved it, would like to do the farm as well. Thanks for the info.....

You can hire a cab to go to the Butterfly Farm, in St. Maartin. You can fire the cab to take you there, wait for you and give you a tour of whatever else you want to see. Just set a price, before you start out. You can also rent a car and go by yourself.

The Butterfly Farm is on the French side.

Sue

I think this was the best thing we could have done. I rented a car with budget..it was $50 for the day! Super great...the car itself was not in the best shape...cosmetically, but it did the job. We picked up the car in less than 15 min. Just started off..made it to the farm in a short time..but we stopped along the way. There were little stores and roadside shops....did the farm..then went on to Orient Beach. (BTW...I ordered roomservice the night before and packed us some sandwiches and burgers and chips...cheese and crackers and grapes- we brought sodas with us from home- so our day out was free for food!) Keep in mind..my husband stopped for a soda late in the day..he paid $4!!!!!!!!! for a can!!!!! I laughed at him...We stopped everywhere to take pics..the views were amazing. The mountains look painted...spent as much time as we wanted at Orient..then drove all the way around the island! A word of warning..the afternoon traffic gets heavy...RUSH HOUR!..lol...give yourself enough time to get back to port! Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter