Question: Credit Card Deposit - Coded As?

PaulW08

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone!

I just had my first resale offer accepted (own one contract direct) and I had a specific question I am hoping someone can answer in their past experiences.

I'm purchasing through Fidelity and they allow up to $2500 deposit on a credit card. When I bought direct I was of course able to put the entire purchase on a credit card and reep in 5x cash back with a Chase Sapphire Reserve. I'm wondering if anyone has experience in what this deposit will be coded as. If it's "travel" then I will use my Chase Sapphire Reserve again, if not then I will use my Citi Double Cash for 2% cash back.

I know it's a bit of a specific question, but I had some issues finding an answer to this specific question via search.

I used my Capital One Venture and it got the same 2% for all, and I was able to use the miles earned toward it.

But, it was listed by the company so not sure if it was coded as travel or not since they just changed recently what you can use miles to cover,

We're buying from another resale website, and the deposit charge came through as Magic Vacation Title LLC (the title company). I'm not sure if that helps, but my guess is it wouldn't be coded as travel.

Just wanted to say even my Citi Card Visa was not coded as Travel when purchasing from Disney directly instead it was coded as "Timeshare" and there is specific verbiage stating Timeshares only get 1% rewards instead of the 2% or more for travel. This is after people stated it used to be coded as travel.

I think these CC companies are catching on and putting in loopholes to avoid us using the card. Their goal with travel incentives is to have you constantly using the card and not make it a 1 and done charge.

Thanks for the replies everyone! Looking at the documentation they sent over, plus with everyone's response, I'm sure it won't be coded as travel. I'm going to still use the Chase card to see what it ends up being coded as and will update the thread with that info in hopes it helps someone out in the future!

We used TRCS for closing and I also used my Chase Sapphire Reserve. It was NOT charged as travel. So FYI if that helps in any way...

Does anyone know how much the Time Share Store will allow you to put on a credit card?

Does anyone know how much the Time Share Store will allow you to put on a credit card?

Mason title is the company DVC Store used for my most recent contract purchased through them at the end of June. Mason allows a max of $2,500 to be charged to a credit card.

Just to update everyone, The charge came in as: Vacation Trust 1ST AM and was coded as Professional Services.

Fidelity defaults to First American Title Company for their transactions, I believe. They did allow a max of $2500 charged to a credit card as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter