Question DVC Dining Plan under 3 years old

DigitalOlli

Mouseketeer
DVC Silver
I have a question our son will be a Little bit under 3 years next year. So he dont Need any Tickets for the Parks.
We want to buy the Quick Service dining Plan with our DVC Booking.
is it possible to get the dining Plan for him? as a dvc member we dont Need Tickets for the dining Plan ( but we will buy for us adults)

Sure! Just make your son 3 on your resort reservation and it will charge him for a child's meal plan.

I had to make a new MDE profile for my child I changed the age for to match for FP purposes and what not, but it really wasn't that big of a deal.

Everyone in the room needs the same purchase

If you buy tickets as part of your room booking he will need a ticket, since he aged up. If you are not buying tickets as part of your reservation, aging him up to purchase a plan works

But be sure to do the math. If you are going to buffets where he eats free anyway, it may or may not be worth it

we only want to get the Quick Service Dining Plan.

We will purchase our 2 adult tickets not with a package ( have DVC reservation)

Sure! Just make your son 3 on your resort reservation and it will charge him for a child's meal plan.

I had to make a new MDE profile for my child I changed the age for to match for FP purposes and what not, but it really wasn't that big of a deal.

But you did not need any tickets for you child? That is my only concern that they ask if he has tickets.

We want to get the quick service dining plan because he eats much and the price is fair ( 24 USD inkl Tax per night)

No. It's all linked separately.

I've never done it with a 2/3 year old but you may run into a problem with FP now that I think of it. Mine have always needed tickets anyway so it wasn't something I considered.

will you really have him eat that much park QS food?

We shared a little and did groceries for our 2 yo.

True, but I was thinking that since the resort age would be 3 on MDE it wouldn't allow FP reservations since the 3 year old profile wouldn't have a ticket assigned.

Even though he wouldn't need a ticket going into the park, if the system thinks he is 3 it'd want a ticket for FP reservations.

That would be accurate with a package, but OP is renting (or using their own) DVC points. DVC guests can add on a dining plan with almost* no other conditions. Then they can purchase tickets from authorized resellers. The number of tickets doesn't need to match the number of people in the room.

*The only restriction is that the numberof dining plan nights has to match the number of room nights exactly.

That would be accurate with a package, but OP is renting (or using their own) DVC points. DVC guests can add on a dining plan with almost* no other conditions. Then they can purchase tickets from authorized resellers. The number of tickets doesn't need to match the number of people in the room.

*The only restriction is that the numberof dining plan nights has to match the number of room nights exactly.

Right. I'm a DVC member. I get how the reservation works.

I don't think I'm explaining this well.

When they link the resort reservation the child's age will be 3. To get the 60 day FP reservation window you need to have a resort reservation linked. But the system won't let a 3 year old with no ticket make FP reservations (even though he's technically 2 and doesn't need a ticket and would otherwise be able to make reservations without). They might be able to get around it at the 30 day mark.

Maybe there is a workaround I'm not considering. We just had to fix a bunch of this stuff with tech support since the ticket ages and room ages didn't match up in MDE.

Right. I'm a DVC member. I get how the reservation works.

I don't think I'm explaining this well.

When they link the resort reservation the child's age will be 3. To get the 60 day FP reservation window you need to have a resort reservation linked. But the system won't let a 3 year old with no ticket make FP reservations (even though he's technically 2 and doesn't need a ticket and would otherwise be able to make reservations without). They might be able to get around it at the 30 day mark.

Maybe there is a workaround I'm not considering. We just had to fix a bunch of this stuff with tech support since the ticket ages and room ages didn't match up in MDE.
The 3 year old doesn't need a ticket, and therefore doesn't need fast passes. OP can still book fast passes for the two adults, and take the child on the ride with them.

Just for example:
Room reservation =, say, two adults, one child, and one child that doesn't count against the DVC occupancy and doesn't need tickets.

OP separately buys tickets for two adults and one child because toddler does not need park admission.

OP books FPs for two adults and one child; toddler accompanies family on FP aattractions because toddler doesn't have or need park admission.

Separate from these three transactions/activities, OK purchased dining plan for two adults and two children.

If you have occupancy availability still in your room, why not just add another child to the reservation as a formality to get the meal plan for 2 adults and one child and leave your actual child on the reservation as a 2 year old? Then, there is no confusion on the need for park tickets or FP for your 2 year old. Just use your child’s middle name or something and list him as a 3 year old. I don’t think there is anything unethical about doing that. It’s just a workaround to your situation without messing up Disney’s system of everything being linked.

Why "age up" the child unnecessarily?
OP has or will have
  • A place to stay, completely separate from
  • Park admission for each person needing it which will enable
  • 60 day FPs for every ticketed person neither of which is needed for a child under 3, and completely separate from the tickets
  • A dining p!an, which is connected to the place to stay ONLY in that the number of nights must match.

THank you very much all

we bought 2 Tickets for us adults and my 2 year old dont need a Ticket or fastpasses. We will first make our fp at the 60 days mark and then change the age on the Dvc reservation to 3 for the Dining Plan and Hope everything will work :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!