Question for anyone with Tattoo's

My tattoo artist said the longer the better. I went 8 weeks I think with it covered and between 6 and 8 before I fully submerged it in water. Took baths and put my leg out of the water then would wash it with antibacterial soap and pat dry. I've had mine for almosy 7 years now (maybe longer) and most people say it doesn't look older than a year.

Update! I called Artist and confirmed that we should wait until after the cruise (which was my original thought) Thank you all who replied! I'll let you all know how my piece looks!

I don't have a tattoo but I would definitely wait. There is always a chance for infection before the cruise and I wouldn't take a chance of ruining a vacation for a tattoo. Also, while some PP say you can swim after 2 weeks, I would worry about a cruise ship pool or hot tub as the risk of bacteria in those is probably much higher than your backyard pool.

I would wait (hell, I AM waiting!). I was going to get my piece this month, but decided with swimming, sun, etc. in Florida (NEXT WEEK!!), I am waiting til end of August/September. Scabbing, etc....not interested in attending to it on vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter