Question for Castaway Club Members

So far, our favorite cruise destination is the ship. Don't care that much where it goes. If we're not interested in the port, we are happy to stay on the ship.

We've done 14 cruises, hit each ship. Our favorite was the 8 night Marvel Day at Sea out of New York City for Thanksgiving 2017. They aren't offering it anymore, we did a repeat the following Thanksgiving as a 7 night in 2018 without MDAS and it was not the same. The extra day was nice, MDAS was awesome as it rained so they extended it to 2 MDAS' to offer the show on a dry night. 7 night Alaska would be a close second. Third favorite (close to the top) would be the 6 nighter we did for New Years 2016 out of Miami. New Years Eve countdown was great because the performers planned the show, it was not the usual heavily scripted DCL fare. They had a band made up of all of the onboard performers, the WDT performers served as back up dancers for a Cruise Director vs. Adult Club host lip synch contest. It was great. Not a fan of the short Dream cruises or the rotating East/West Fantasy itineraries. Would like to try one of the Fantasy extended trips in the southern caribbean.

Just saying, it's "Castaway Club", not "Castaway Cay Club". I get that there's confusion due to the similar names between the club and the island, but just FYI :)

I realized that later after I wrote it. I did just become eligible by virtue of purchasing a $250 voucher. I am still a member of the First Timers Club. :)

Thank you all for your responses! I have enjoyed reading through them. Thinking the EBTA is the next one up for me. I want more sea days!!!! :)

I realized that later after I wrote it. I did just become eligible by virtue of purchasing a $250 voucher. I am still a member of the First Timers Club. :)
You're actually a member of the Castaway Club the moment you complete your first cruise--that's when you become Silver level.

You're actually a member of the Castaway Club the moment you complete your first cruise--that's when you become Silver level.

Thanks for the clarification - the literature mentioned the $250 voucher plus the $200 stateroom credit - thought the club was dependent on that!

Thanks for the clarification - the literature mentioned the $250 voucher plus the $200 stateroom credit - thought the club was dependent on that!

It is. And the $200 (or $100) onboard stateroom credit is not offered any longer, just the 10% discount for non-Concierge cabins outside of black-out dates.

The Southern Caribbean cruise is our favorite. This year we visited BonAire for the first time. We were the only cruise ship in port that day. We really enjoyed walking around the town.

We've done a 5 night on the Wonder to Grand Cayman and Castaway Cay (best economical trip) in late April.

We've done a 7 night Eastern Caribbean on the Fantasy in August - (my favorite because it was the longest, but won't book a late summer/early fall cruise again because of hurricane potential)

We've done a 4 night Nassau and Castaway Cay on the Dream in April combined with a Universal Studios trip, which made it the most expense vacation we've taken. The cruise part of the trip was good, but still felt it was too short.

We've done a 3 night Nassau and Castaway Cay on the Dream in December combined with a WDW trip (least favorite, a little too cold and rainy at Castaway Cay and the cruise part of the trip was too short).

We have two more booked. A 3 night with just the wife and I the day after Thanksgiving. We wanted to get away this year and this worked out perfectly for us. I think it will be too short but I really didn't have a lot of options for a get a way.

We have a 7 night Western Caribbean booked on the Fantasy for next May. Really looking forward to this trip. Everything's already paid for except for flights.

My favorite ship is probably the Dream but I really don't have a reason. The Wonder had less guests, so Castaway Cay didn't fill up as quickly, which was nice. I'd like to get a trip on the Magic at some point before all 3 new ships come in and the Magic ends up in Asia or something. Honestly, put me on any of the ships and I'll be happy.

It is. And the $200 (or $100) onboard stateroom credit is not offered any longer, just the 10% discount for non-Concierge cabins outside of black-out dates.

Hmmm -- my TA tells me that I am grandfathered in - since they mailed that offer to me & I have it in writing.......

We've done 5 DCL cruises on the Wonder, Magic, and Fantasy. Our favorites have been the 7-night Eastern itineraries on the Fantasy. Least favorite was 5-night Western with a stop at Key West. We're sailing on the Magic in November out of New York to San Juan, PR - excited about a different departure port and stop at a new port, Antigua.

we just sailed our 9th DCL cruise - we have sailed EBTA x4 (Wonder), Med B2B w/EBTA, 4 night Bahamas B2B w/EBTA, WBPC x2 (Wonder), and a 4 night Dream - our favourites were the EBTAs (particularly the year we went to Azores then north to UK, Amsterdam and Copenhagen), the WBPC (the year we went to Costa Rica on the way up the pacific coast) and the B2Bs have been great experience to be on the ship 20 nights. our next cruise is the WBPC in March 2020 and the B2B Fantasy 2 stops at CC cruises in Aug 2020. We wanted to do Greece but price too high and for Hawaii the dates didn't work this time - hope they do it again

After our first couple of cruises that were just about the ship/cruise experience itself we learned that we prefer choosing based on itinerary rather than the ship. This especially holds true on Disney as they only have the four ships (so far) and while there are differences here and there, we don't favor one over another anyway. They are all really nice.

So far our favorite cruises have been to Northern Europe (Iceland!!!), Alaska (twice), and Canada/New England (also twice). We are definitely looking forward to our upcoming Eastern Med cruise in a couple of weeks as well. I really have no desire to go back to the Caribbean or the Bahamas for now. Though, Lighthouse Point looks pretty amazing (anything associated Joe Rhode always gets my attention!!) and we might try to take a cruise that stops there once it's up and running.

Hmmm -- my TA tells me that I am grandfathered in - since they mailed that offer to me & I have it in writing.......
The On Board Credit went away for all new place holder booking as of 9/28 (Fantasy) and 9/30 for all other ships. If you already purchased it, you are fine. Just know the next cruise you take if you purchase a place holder it will only give you 10% off, no more on board credit.

What has been your favorite itinerary?
Which one do you think is the best value for the money?
Or forget money - which one brings you most joy?
The one that makes me happiest is the western caribbean 7 day cruise! I LOVE Grand Cayman for the stingray city excursion! Standing in waist deep water with stingrays all around me sliding their velvety soft wings along my sides as they try to get the fish in my hands are my favorite thing in any cruise. It's just magical! The guides help you to hold one in your arms while you are there and take a picture of you with your own camera so you have a memento, which is a wonderful bonus... then I love Cozumel too. I love to snorkel there on an excursion, can't remember which one, but the fish are so numerous when you feed them tortillas that you can't see your hands in front of your face! Cozumel is one of the best places in the world to snorkel! Again, it's just magical! I also found a little shop a block behind the main shopping street that faces the ship dock, where I buy my vanilla. It's really strong white vanilla and i get it for just $9 for a whole liter of double strength vanilla. It lasts me a couple of years. That's how I know I need to go back to Cozumel...lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter