question for Judy from Boise!!

chamonix

DIS Veteran
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
Hi, I read your trip report from last February, hope you are still around. You mentioned that your daughter had an "autistic" moment after spilling her drink at DL. That is exactly something that wrecks my daughter too. We are going to DL/DCA next Friday for four days. I just wanted to ask you if you use the special needs passes and any other advice you might have. My daughter is only four, and is HFA, Aspergers, semantic/pragmatic--who knows...just a little different! you can email me privately if you wish: aprice@onemain.com TIA

Hi Chamonix

Just wanted to let you know I think Judy is off at WDW right now. She should be back in a week or so, so you might want to bump this back up then so she'll see it when she returns. :)

pirate4.jpg

Bet

Co-Moderator - Community Board

besnyder@tampabay.rr.com

What does the "TIA" mean at the end of your post?

<font color=red size=4>HAVE A DISNEY DAY</font>

<font color=navy size=3>M-I-C...see you at The DIS Convention, K-E-Y...why? Because we LOVE Disney, M-O-U-S-Eeee...</font>

So glad I saw this !
My daughter has HFA, but to the avarage observer looks no different than any other kid. Luckily for us she has a super rich imaginary world that she can easily slip into during waits etc. Consequently she has a long attention span. One thing that always worked for us too was to allow hwr to bring 1 or 2 beannies. Having things to hold and play with also made for easy waits.
Of course she does some hand flapping when she gets excited, but that is no big deal.
The biggest challenges for us are food ( super picky eater) and when she gets frustrated by other people not following the rules. Some wierd things that bother her are when other boats bump into us at Pirates.
Food wise, I just suck it up, and let her live on Burgers or chicken strips and fries for the week.

so, we have not needed the passes. Have you discovered the Disabilites board ? It has great advice too.

stpat.gif

Get Lucky !
Join us at the
Boise DIS meet
on Saint Paddy's day !
E-mail me for more info...

Looks like we missed each other..you were at DW when I originally posted my question, and we were at DL/DCA when you replied! Thanks for the info, my daughter is only four and this was just the first of many more Disney visits in the coming years. My dh and I had both been to DL and DW as kids, and the first thing we both thought after dd was born was, "how long until we can take her to Disney?!" Everything went really well. Because of the weather being cold and rainy, and (I think) the opening weekend of DCA scaring people off, we had NO LINES!! We didn't have to make any decision about the special guest pass, we just walked on everything without it. Don't know what we'll do in the future, we are pretty spoiled now! Also, dd did great, the only problem was keeping her awake for Fantasmic...the time change makes that really late for her. I will be sticking around the boards here, we are already planning our next trip. Thanks again for your response. I checked out the DisAbilities board, it had some good info too. Keep an eye out for my trip report...going to get it up by the weekend, I promise...chamonix

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter