Question for music recording experts

mrudman

DIS Veteran
As a gift for Christmas, for my older daughter, I'm trying to figure out if there is a way to play a piano/keyboard and have a computer translate it in to sheet music?

I've tried to find the answer online, but I'm so confused on the whole process, I don't even know what I'm looking at.

We do have a couple keyboards here, but they both only have the basic audio input/output ports. I have a regular PC, a laptop, and a Mac Mini that she could use.

I just have no idea if there's programs out there that would work or what kind of hardware we'd need to link the synthesizer to a computer.

I tried to understand MIDI, which I'd seen mentioned online but don't understand what that is. And our keyboards we have don't have any MIDI ports.

I would not be against buying one with a MIDI port if she would need that, as this all could possibly be her main gift. Just not sure if that would even work.

Thanks for any help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter