Question for San Antonio TX

gopher101

I love to plan trips
Is the Riverwalk evc friendly? I try to look online but for some reason it will just tell me pet friendly. Thanks.

In my opinion, no.....very narrow walkways in places, and lots of stairs (don’t remember seeing ramps). I have never seen anyone using one at the riverwalk and the last time I was there was spring break 2 yrs ago.....so pretty crowded. Of course I’m not 100% sure... the riverwalk is long so there may be more evc friendly sections.

Honestly, I don’t get the hype of the riverwalk.....I live 3 hrs away so have been many times over the years for different reasons (lots of basketball tournaments in San Antonio when my kids where high school age) But I do enjoy the boat ride you can take, just be sure to take it after dark. Totally different experience than the day time.....much more magical!

Hopefully others will chime in with their experience and observations!

In my opinion, no.....very narrow walkways in places, and lots of stairs (don’t remember seeing ramps). I have never seen anyone using one at the riverwalk and the last time I was there was spring break 2 yrs ago.....so pretty crowded. Of course I’m not 100% sure... the riverwalk is long so there may be more evc friendly sections.

Honestly, I don’t get the hype of the riverwalk.....I live 3 hrs away so have been many times over the years for different reasons (lots of basketball tournaments in San Antonio when my kids where high school age) But I do enjoy the boat ride you can take, just be sure to take it after dark. Totally different experience than the day time.....much more magical!

Hopefully others will chime in with their experience and observations!

I concur with your thoughts on EVCs. As for the riverwalk hype, it's not the greatest thing in the world but there are a few good places to eat and drink there. And the Alamo is really close by so if you're visiting, it's a good spot, especially if you don't want to be in bed by 10.

I was on the Riverwalk almost two years ago with a stroller, and it was a pain. I can't imagine doing it with a wheelchair or an ECV.

I love the Riverwalk and everything else about San Antonio (except the summer weather.) it gets so crowded and narrow in parts, I think it would be very hard with an evc. I don’t really ever remember seeing one but strollers do get bottle necked.

I love the Riverwalk and everything else about San Antonio (except the summer weather.) it gets so crowded and narrow in parts, I think it would be very hard with an evc. I don’t really ever remember seeing one but strollers do get bottle necked.

Yea the weather in the summer can be absolutely brutal. Especially on the Mission Trail, there is just nowhere to hide from the sun.

Ramps exist, but they are far and few between; and as other members have posted, there are many areas which are tight to navigate.

I live in Austin and visit San Antonio regularly.

The Riverwalk and an EVC are not a good combination.

Thanks you guys. That is what I thought but my dad insists otherwise. I just know he is going to insist on trying, and going to get mad :rolleyes2 .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter