Question On "cheap" Passes

hueypkingfish

Earning My Ears
We just returned from a great Disney trip and I had a question about the hundreds of "carnival" type individuals(usually in front of a Shoney's or Denny's) offering to sell Disney/US tickets at a discount.I am fairly certain these individuals are simply buying unused passes and seeling them for a "slight" markup.My question is this--How does one know that there are any days remaining on the ticket you are buying?I have heard horror stories of folks who buy these duckets and find out they have been "scammed" by these carnies.

Does FLA regulate these individuals?They are a pain in the neck,as 2 or 3 of them followed my family from our car all the way to the restaurant door pushing thses great "deals" on us.Just wondering.

We didn't buy or sell to these people, but we met a family at the airport when we were coming home that did. They sold the unused plusses from their passes for $5 per plus. I asked how did the sale work, and they said that the person at the booth just asked you to swear that the number of days you said were left actually were. I personally would never trust these places. First of all, the vendor could be lying, secondly, the seller could be lying. I'd like to know what experiences anyone has had with these. Im sure no Dis'ers would buy there, but they might have heard of others.

Some of the deals you see for 2 Disney (Sea World, Universal, Splendid China, etc.) tickets for $10 are usually for timeshare promotions. You have to sit through a 2-3 hour presenation about Squeezy Acres. They are usually high pressure as well. You also miss out on the low lines during the moring because you usually don't get out of the presentation until around 11 am or noon. If you think sitting through a high-sales presentation is worth the discounted tickets, then go for it. If you think you'd punch the salesperson in the nose to get out of it, then skip it. If you do take the offer, ask a lot of questions and read the fine print.

There is, unfortunately, a trade in unused passes, which are simply NOT tranferable. Disney do have ways of finding out if passes are not legit and I have known people to be turned away at the gates (or worse, have the passes confiscated at guest services) where people are trying to use these 'cheap' tickets.

'There is, unfortunately, a trade in unused passes, which are simply NOT tranferable'

Okay please elaborate. I will pay large $'s for Disney, and I could then argue that people with annual passes get a ridiculously good deal, while I who has spent huge $'s has to pay inflated prices to offset the wonderful deal that the annual or length of stay pass holders get.

I do not engage in buying these, however if someone has paid Disney for a pass they can not use, they should be able to sell it.

I do know some are transferable, some are not, however the use of the word 'Unfortunate', when talking about Disney is somewhat over the top.

If they are counterfeit, that's a different story.

I believe that under no circumstances are Disney passes transferrable. At least a statement to that effect has been on every ticket we've purchased.

Why would anyone purchase more ticket than they plan to use? Have they changed the rules about unused days? It used to be that they were good forever.

Sometimes there are "special" tickets for other countries. In Canada, we have a special price for passes, but the catch is, they are only good for a few months. The same might be true for the "spacial" UK passes, but I cant be sure about theirs.

Emmalgin, I'm not sure what you are referring to here, but the simple fact, as Golden Princess points out, is that no multi-day Disney ticket can be transferred (i.e. sold) to another person. All Multi-Day Hoppers and Hopper-Plus passes are good for as long as there are days left on them, hence people are encouraged to keep them and use them at a later date. If Disney suspect passes have been sold on and the person trying to use them is not the original purchaser, the ticket will be declared invalid. It's a simple fact of life aimed at discouraging the sale of passes with a few days left on them.

The regular passes (not special country passes) are good forever as long as days are left on the ticket. We went to WDW in '86 and had to leave a day early. We used the remaining day on these tickets last year at Easter. We just had to exchange them for the scannable tickets at guest services.

If you aren't able to use all the days you purchase hold on to them you can use them years later.

My friend bought discounted passes from Bargain World for Universal. The clerk told her they buy packs of unused tickets from travel agents who booked people from out of the country. Who knows if that was a true story or not? Anyway, her tickets worked fine. Personally, I would not try them. The chance that they don't work at the gate is scary!

Thans for all the responses--I never considered buying these "passes"--I would think with all the political clout Disney must have in the state,some regulation would be in order.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter