• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Question on Disney Transportation to AK

SGF

Mouseketeer
We were wondering how long the wait is for a disney bus from the Dolphin Hotel to AK if we plan on leaving real early in the morning (around 8AM)? Do they have the buses running often and do they have more buses going in the morning when everyone is starting out?

I don't know the answer to your specific question but will offer a tip. When we stayed at the Dolphin we usually used the Swan bus stop. It's not that long of a walk, and they pick up at the Swan before they do the Dolphin. We never had to experience that disheartening feeling when a full bus to your destination passes you by. Having said that, I believe they run extra transportation at park openings & closings so the wait should not be that bad. I see you leave real soon, have a great trip!!!

BadgerBruce:

Thanks for the information. We are looking forward to this trip but don't want to
spend too much time standing in line for a bus. We may take your suggestion and walk to the Swan's stop.

Anyone else have suggestions or experiences with Disney's bus transportation?

Originally posted by SGF
We were wondering how long the wait is for a disney bus from the Dolphin Hotel to AK if we plan on leaving real early in the morning (around 8AM)? Do they have the buses running often and do they have more buses going in the morning when everyone is starting out?

Hi SGF,

Disney buses start running about an hour before the offical opening time of a park. The buses run every 20mins to and from a park. I think for DD they every 30mins. They run until 2hrs after offical park closing time.

From the Dolphin you can walk or take a boat to MGM or EC. The boat is shared with the Swan,BWI/BWV and the YC/BC. Depending on how fast you walk sometimes it is faster to walk then take the boat but the boat ride is nice and relaxing.

To the AK and the MK you take a bus. I believe the bus to the AK is also shared with the above noted resorts. I want to say that the bus to the MK is just the Swan/Dolphin and that the BWI/BWV,YC/BC have there own bus. I could be off on this though. Anyone that has been recently confirm or correct what have noted here?

SGF:

Just returned from the Boardwalk last week. The Swan/Dolphin is a shared bus route with the Yacht & Beach Clubs and the Boardwalk. The Swan & Dolphin are the first stops with the Boardwalk being the last stop. Animal Kingdom opens at 9:00 am and we were told that the first Animal Kingdom bus would arrive around at the Boardwalk at about 8:20-8:30 which it did. That would place it at the Swan & Dolphin at around 8:00 am. They do sometimes have more busses in the morning depending on the character breakfasts. When we were waiting for a Magic Kingdom bus at the Boardwalk we saw two Animal Kingdom buses stop before the Magic Kingdom bus came. They do have cast members occasionaly walking around with Palm Pilots to record bus usage and they will call for another bus if one is full. Be aware that the Animal Kingdom bus is shared with Blizzard Beach and it will stop there first and then proceed to AK. If you get the first or second bus it may skip the Beach since it does not open until 9:00am and there are no characters breakfast there. I hope this helps.

Thanks to all who have posted. The information you were kind enough to share has helped
us plan our day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter