~Question on my Foxglove~

PrincessCandaceMarie

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know why my foxglove didn't come back this year? It was huge and seeded like crazy in the garden, I was so careful and fed it once and took such good care; and all of a sudden the space where it was planted is bare! I was told it may come back in Sept and that has come and gone, does anyone have any idea/insight??

Thanks in advance!

Foxglove are biennials and come back every other year. They are also a short lived perennial. Maybe it'll come back next year.

As Amid said foxgloves are bi-annuals. When we purchase the they are usually on their second season (their flowering season) If you want foxgloves to flower year after year you need to repace then with year old plants every year.

Whoa, I'm a spaz, every other year? Even if nothing came up, nothing, no green leafs, nothing.....am I dorking out or do I just hope and wait for next year???

You are wonderful for helping me with this and have given me hope!

Hugs and kisses to all! Tell me more!

Foxgloves will re-seed themselves, but you never know where a plant will appear. The original plant that flowered will not return. Most times the new seedlings are either mow or pulled as weed.

Mamu said:
Foxgloves will re-seed themselves, but you never know where a plant will appear. The original plant that flowered will not return. Most times the new seedlings are either mow or pulled as weed.
Wow, I knew they reseeded but I didn't know what they'd look like; I haven't pulled any weeds in the garden as of yet (thank goodness for Preen its actually working this year for me) so I've decided to wait until the Spring to weed and clean up.

So the original plant will not return, okay, I understand that now, had no clue on that. So basically I have to wait until Spring '06 to see something right?

Thanks for helping me!

PrincessCandaceMarie said:
Wow, I knew they reseeded but I didn't know what they'd look like; I haven't pulled any weeds in the garden as of yet (thank goodness for Preen its actually working this year for me) so I've decided to wait until the Spring to weed and clean up.

So the original plant will not return, okay, I understand that now, had no clue on that. So basically I have to wait until Spring '06 to see something right?

Thanks for helping me!

If you used Preen, chances are good that you won't get any germination at all. The chemicals which keep your weed seeds from germinating will keep your annual and biennial seeds from germinating as well. Looks like you'll just have to buy new plants for next year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter