Question on "offficial" princesses

USS Disney

Mouseketeer
So who exactly are the official princesses? Because I saw a collection that included mulan and alice (of wonderland) and I don't know how they are considered princesses...

And how bout Vanellope from Wreck it Ralph? She was revealed to be a princess... Sooo can we expect to see princess merchandise for her?

Official Princesses
Snow White
Cinderella
Sleeping Beauty
Belle
Little Mermaid
Jasmine
Pocahontas
Mulan
Tiana
Rapunzel
Merida (June 2013)

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

So who exactly are the official princesses? Because I saw a collection that included mulan and alice (of wonderland) and I don't know how they are considered princesses...

And how bout Vanellope from Wreck it Ralph? She was revealed to be a princess... Sooo can we expect to see princess merchandise for her?
If Vanellope gets to be a Princess, then so does Eilonwy.

Again... Why does mulan count as a princess? She's a warrior who marries a warrior... How is she a princess?

Where does the official list come from? I also disagree with mulan. I don't begrudge her that cute outfit, but it isn't a princess dress

If Mulan and the others mentioned are designated as Princesses, why isn't Princess Leia designated as a Princess? I have nothing against Mulan or the others but I don't see them as being "Princesses." On the flip side, Princess Leia actually has the word Princess in her name and rarely does anybody ever refer to Princess Leia without saying "Princess." You don't hear someone saying something like, "those hair buns on Leia are cool." Rather, you'd hear someone say, "those hair buns on Princess Leia are cool."

I don't know if they'll count Vanellope as a official Disney Princess, but I sure hope they do.

Merida will be added crown this Saturday to be the official Disney princess. I wish Vanellope will be added but Disney said she's too young and clams she isn't a Princess.

I too dont understand why Mulan is in the line up,

if Mulan is a princess then Meg from Hercules defo is!

is it a simple case of PC gone mad, everyone has to have a princess?

she seems to be the only one in the line up without a link to nobility, even pocohontas is a "princess" - her father even says it in the movie!

but Mulan... she married a high ranking military officer, how does that make her a princess?

i mean Meg from hercules married the son of the king of the gods... technically Hercules is a prince of the gods... making meg princess in marriage? where is her crown lol?

and dont give me the "she never got married" line... we dont see alot of these princesses get married lol

and the girl from black couldran!! why isnt she classed in the line up lol

it really just has to be marketing people who see a movie doing realllllly well and just go... okay your now in the mix lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter