• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Question on picture taking after the run by Disney photographers

Alice777

DIS Veteran
My son who ran the Star Wars Dark Side 1/2 marathon in April @ WDW said there was picture taking from Disney photographers after marathon was over so it took him longer to get back to the resort.

The way I understood (I could be mistaken), he said in California 1/2 marathons picture are taken during the run and there's no photographing after the run.

My question is, does ALL WDW 1/2 marathons have picture taking by Disney photographers after the run? Or was it special just for the Dark Side?

I need to make some ADR for coming Dine & Wine 1/2 marathons and I'm trying to estimate how long it'll be if there's NO picture taking vs. picture taking.

Thank you

My son who ran the Star Wars Dark Side 1/2 marathon in April @ WDW said there was picture taking from Disney photographers after marathon was over so it took him longer to get back to the resort.

The way I understood (I could be mistaken), he said in California 1/2 marathons picture are taken during the run and there's no photographing after the run.

My question is, does ALL WDW 1/2 marathons have picture taking by Disney photographers after the run? Or was it special just for the Dark Side?

I need to make some ADR for coming Dine & Wine 1/2 marathons and I'm trying to estimate how long it'll be if there's NO picture taking vs. picture taking.

Thank you

All the ones that I have participated in have had photographers after the finish line. You're funneled through them on your way out of the finishing area. The pictures are totally optional, though, and you can walk right past if you don't care to have it taken. Also, at the times I've finished there has not been a line for the photographers and it literally took a few seconds to take the photo. I guess you could have lines build up as the bulk of finishers come in, but I don't think it will add significantly to the post-race exit time. The variation in other parameters such as time waiting for the bus will far outweigh any time spent with the photographers.

Pictures take a minute or two post race. Since photos are included with memory maker it's a decent reason to get the pic at the end. It's the buses that take a good bit of time post race

I think the difference between taking the picture vs. saying "no thank you" and skipping it, is approximately 30 seconds.
There was no noticeable delay at the Dark Side run caused by the photo booths.
The bigger delay was the bus lines back to the resorts/starting line.

I think maybe he was talking about the many characters they had out after the Star Wars - Dark Side race??? The lines for those pictures were pretty long. I don't think most other races have that many picture opportunities after races and if they do, they are completely optional.

That makes sense. Yes, if you want character photos before the Dark Side race, be there no later than 3:30 AM (They closed the line at 4 AM this year). Character lines after the race were what I called the "Forget this, I'll just pay someone to dress as Darth Vader" length. Probably a few hundred deep.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter