Question on renting points

Jack_Sparrow_NJ

DIS Veteran
If an owner is looking to rent some or all of their points do they list with one agency exclusively or do they list with multiples in hopes of finding a renter and take the first offer and cancel the rest?

I've only ever listed points for rent with David's (dvcbyrequest.com), and I've never had my points *not* rent. Sometimes it's been within a day or two, sometimes a couple of weeks, but never longer than that. The demand for rented reservations is much greater than the supply of owners wishing to rent out points.

I recently rented out through one of the two “big” agencies. Their policy states they will not rent points/reservations posted on multiple sites FWIW.

David's rented 320 BLT points of mine in less than a week. When I rented 60 BLT points on my own through disboards, it took about a week to find a buyer.

Having 11 month advantage on monorail resorts puts the points in high demand.

My AKV points rented within a day or two. I think I posted them one evening. The next morning I got an email asking if I was interested in a specific rental. I replied about an hour later, but someone else had said yes first. Later that day there was a second rental need. I was first to respond to that one. They were both at 8-10 months out, so I received the home resort premium at AKV.

Most resorts have more people looking to rent points than owners who won't be using them. There isn't a need for owners to list more than one place.

(BWV and BCV are two more that often have waiting lists for point rentals - in addition to the aforementioned VGC and BLT).

I have not used one of the agencies to rent my points. I do it myself using the rent board. It is easy enough to do and I use a contract. Have not had to use board recently, because I have a previously renter contact me directly to rent points 3-4 times. Great to have repeat business.

It's understandable that high demand resorts will rent quickly, but what about others, like OKW an SSR?

I have not used one of the agencies to rent my points. I do it myself using the rent board. It is easy enough to do and I use a contract. Have not had to use board recently, because I have a previously renter contact me directly to rent points 3-4 times. Great to have repeat business.

Whete is the rent board? im interestwd in renting points but am teying to fond where owners list them . Thanks

Whete is the rent board? im interestwd in renting points but am teying to fond where owners list them . Thanks
You need to log into the DIS to be able to see the Rent/Trade Board. You can respond to any post on that board, but you cannot start a thread requesting points for a reservation. Owners can offer up their points and confirmed reservations and you can respond. If you want to Private Message someone, you must have at least ten posts to the DIS.

I have rented or transferred my points on Disboards for years.
Now I have people who I regularly rent from me for MANY years and so they come to me and I don't need to post my points for rent much anymore.
I did end up with an odd small number of points available last use year and it was close to the end of my use year. I rented those via Dave's and it was a quick process.

Check out the rules on the DVC Rent Trade forum for more details.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!