Question on sharing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I apologize this was a problem for you. If I could delete the thread so as not to confuse/upset anyone else I would. It made sense to me and to others. I did not require an answer from everyone, just an answer. I will be more careful in the future to not cause you a problem with my silly questions and lack of explinations. Oh, and I will be sure to add more detail.

To be fair, every single response to your OP was unsure of how many people total there are, so no, it is not true that "it made sense to me and to others" (well, I assume it made sense to you).

Now that we now the numbers (and assuming the two grandsons with you are under 18) yes, you can add them to your reservations and they can spend that night in your room. Adding them, however, does mean that they have to be on any package you may have (which may, or may not, be relevant).

It made sense to me and to others.
Respectfully, it did not:
Would it exceed the room occupancy limit?
So, it sounds like there would be three adults and at least three children?
Let me get this straight - you and your daughter from Texas, at least two grandsons, daughter and husband from NC and their 2-year old?
They will not allow it. Max room occupancy at POFQ is 4. I would look into a night at another nearby budget hotel for that early arrival.

Seems its OP, 2 grandsons, OP's DD, SIL and a toddler (thus, 5 plus toddler). https://www.disboards.com/threads/cant-make-a-decision-help.3745498/

If that's correct then OP needs 2 rooms at POFQ or to move to a POR murphy bed room (those permit 5 plus a toddler).

(OP please don't be annoyed with me if I'm incorrect on the facts - I love Disney trips and just want to help others' go smoothly. The rules can be hard to discover/learn!)

Moderators please remove this post in the interest of not upsetting anyone else who is part of the DISBOARDS family. I tried to end it by deleting my original post, but it seems not to have helped as I am now being searched and quoted.

Thank you.

Moderators please remove this post in the interest of not upsetting anyone else who is part of the DISBOARDS family. I tried to end it by deleting my original post, but it seems not to have helped as I am now being searched and quoted.

Thank you.

You came asking for help. You got upset with the replies. People quoted your original post so even though you deleted it, since quoted people know what you deleted.

Someone still tried to assist by trying to see how many actually in your party and you get more upset and nasty.

Basically if you have over the limit in a room even for one night Disney can and will kick you out. You might not want to hear that but it’s for everyone’s safety. If you don’t like replies just quit reading and responding .

Oh wait, so it would be 4 people counting towards occupancy then the toddler? That's possible, but I think you would still need to add them to the reservation or possibly pay the extra adult per night fee...?? I thought your original post included husbands/dads also.

Thank you. This is all I was trying to find out. I already knew room limits and reservation requirements and how many people were in my party. I appreciate the information.

You came asking for help. You got upset with the replies. People quoted your original post so even though you deleted it, since quoted people know what you deleted.

Someone still tried to assist by trying to see how many actually in your party and you get more upset and nasty.

Basically if you have over the limit in a room even for one night Disney can and will kick you out. You might not want to hear that but it’s for everyone’s safety. If you don’t like replies just quit reading and responding .

I clarified how many people are in my party and people continued to second guess me. Even if people wish to quote my original post in this thread, going to search the boards for all posts I have ever made about this trip seems extreme. Plans change. People attending change. Assuming even though it was not mentioned that I had more people in my party is absurd. I can count. The complete assumption and unfriendliness of some people is not necessary or kind. I tried to put an end to it but then people started searching all my past posts on the board. I have been reading this board for two years, since we made our last trip. I really thought a lot of it. It was unkind to have people assume I did not know how many people I was traveling with even after I clarified it. And some people did get it and gave me decent answers. I truly appreciate all the insight this board has given me over these two trips and I find it sad and unfortunate this one question caused so much *******. I have apologized, thanked the people who helped me and will do my best to not post such decisive things in the future. There is no more I can do. People, all of us, can chose to move on or not. Individual choice. And I was never over limit. Not even one night.

Never judge another person, you have no idea what cross they carry.

Thank you. This is all I was trying to find out. I already knew room limits and reservation requirements and how many people were in my party. I appreciate the information.
We know you know how many people would be in the room, but until you clarified, following several replies, we didn't know.
Even if people wish to quote my original post in this thread, going to search the boards for all posts I have ever made about this trip seems extreme.
You may not be aware that many posters read multiple threads under various forums and remember what they've read, and can refer back to it?
And some people did get it and gave me decent answers.
Many posters did, after post #6 where you clarified the potential number of guests, so after four different posters calculated or guessed that you would exceed the limit based on the vague initial information.
Ah, the irony ;)

Last edited:
I clarified how many people are in my party and people continued to second guess me. Even if people wish to quote my original post in this thread, going to search the boards for all posts I have ever made about this trip seems extreme. Plans change. People attending change. Assuming even though it was not mentioned that I had more people in my party is absurd. I can count. The complete assumption and unfriendliness of some people is not necessary or kind. I tried to put an end to it but then people started searching all my past posts on the board. I have been reading this board for two years, since we made our last trip. I really thought a lot of it. It was unkind to have people assume I did not know how many people I was traveling with even after I clarified it. And some people did get it and gave me decent answers. I truly appreciate all the insight this board has given me over these two trips and I find it sad and unfortunate this one question caused so much *******. I have apologized, thanked the people who helped me and will do my best to not post such decisive things in the future. There is no more I can do. People, all of us, can chose to move on or not. Individual choice. And I was never over limit. Not even one night.

Good advice for you to follow - not judging others!

This seems to be a lesson that should be not only preached, but practiced. The problem many of us had was the level of sarcasm when we tried to clarify the situation, and as I have pointed out many times prior, that is not only for the OP, but for the many people who may be getting information that is not accurate because the posts are not clear. I am a longtime member here and the folks who were trying to lend a hand are among the most helpful and knowledgeable people here. While we have not all met in person, we all tend to know" one another so we are fairly protective when they get attacked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!