• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Question on timeshare referral fees

rentingspace

love life & live it!! Love my boys!
This might not be the right board, but I'll try. I own at BCV and SSR. I am constantly telling people about how wonderful the time share is. I finally convinced my sons, OT to purchase. She called my sales rep and he closed the deal. I live in Maine, he told me that he could not give me the Referral fee because of the State I live in. Has anyone heard of this?:confused3

Yes, there are several states that have anti-Timeshare laws in place. CA used to be one of them, however, we just found out from DVC that this changed. (for California)

Yes, I have received quite a few of those "thank you, but sorry" letters as well. I think there are far more states that do NOT allow it than that do.

Yes, I have received quite a few of those "thank you, but sorry" letters as well. I think there are far more states that do NOT allow it than that do.
Actually only a few don't allow "finders fee" rewards. Auto dealerships and real estate co. often use them to get referals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter