Question previous cruisers of the NYC to Castaway Cay/Port Canaveral cruise

ArielRae

DIS Veteran (NJ)
Wanted to know from those who previously cruised the NYC to Castaway Cay and Port Canaveral. How was the weather during the trip? Did you find you wore pants or shorts more? Looking forward to the weather on Accuweather it looks like WDW is forecasted to be around 75 degrees and Castaway Cay around 85. On your first two sea days did they try and head more south to get the warmer weather or slowly went down the coast? Same for on the way back?

Edited to add: Our Cruise is November 3rd

Last edited:
Fantastic. We cruised around this time last year. Sunny and bright and my girls were in the pool first thing. Smooth sailing both down and back up. Loved it. Castaway Cay was gorgeous. I walked the 5k and my older daughter did the teen excursion. My younger daughter and I played in the water all day.

Like PP noted, our weather was great. Our sailing was mid-October and we departed NYC on an unseasonably warm day - DS7 was in the pool. I think we were down by VA/NC by the next morning. The only coolish day was our last sea day back to NY. We got lucky with a very warm start to the cruise. I would expect that a November sailing wouldn't be quite so warm to start (though not likely, it can be cold enough to snow in Nov in NY), but it's possible. Happy sailing!

Very warm! Shorts all the way. It may have been a little chilly on the bus back to the port after our day at WDW and up on deck at night. But still shorts. Very warm on CC.

Enjoy your cruise!

We did this itinerary last year October 13th I think it was. Overall warm. The way down at sea can be a bit windy but still warm enough to swim. WDW and CC were beautiful. I will be on the 11/10/18 cruise out of NYC next month!!!

MJ

We cruised last October. Sail away was wonderful. It was unseasonably warm. Unfortunately, the next day and a half we sailed thru a nor'easter. Castaway and Disney days were warm and the first sea day on the way back to NY was also shorts weather. Have a great cruise.

We did this itinerary last year October 13th I think it was. Overall warm. The way down at sea can be a bit windy but still warm enough to swim. WDW and CC were beautiful. I will be on the 11/10/18 cruise out of NYC next month!!!

MJ
I’ll be on that one too, my first Disney Cruise! Glad to hear the weather (outside of nyc itself) should be warm, as I wasn’t planning on packing pants beyond the nice ones I’ll need for Palo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter