Question re: Fantasmic Dinner Pkg and ECV

rgoble5972

Are we there yet?
My mother has had total knee replacements in both legs and some additional knee surgery in May so, when we go to WDW this November she will be using an ECV.

I would like to do the Fantasmic Dinner Package so we don't have to wait in line so long. It's my understanding that when you do the Fantasmic Dinner Package, you enter the theater through a back way by Oscar's Service Station on the main street.

Does anyone know if this route is ECV accessible? Also, where do you enter the theater from this route? My mother won't be able to climb stairs at all, so this is a concern. Has anyone had experience with this? Any information you can provide would be helpful.

Thanks,

Yes, Fantasmic is great on ECV. I did it in March and it was a great show. After you get backstage they will offer you a wheelchair if you prefer, but stick to Scooter as the hill is quite steep. There are cutouts in the top row so that you don't even have to leave the scooter and you family can sit with you.

We just did this in May with a manual chair & I can tell you that you definitely want to stay in the ECV! That's one long hill!

Anyway, after our return, someone posted a note about being able to ask to sit down front - instead of in the back row. I don't know if this would be a problem with the ECV - due to the mist from the water canons - but you might want to consider it. The view from the back is fine. However, DH took some pictures from the front row where he & DD decided to sit. They were awesome!

Also, we had real trouble with people in the SRO section climbing into empty seats in the Fantasmic Package sections, leaning & sitting on the wheelchair - with me in it! - etc. The CMs tried, but people were insistant that night.

We have also had trouble with the SRO people leaning on DD's wheelchair with her in it. One dad let his toddler sit and stand on DD's headrest (with DD in wheelchair) so she could see! He apparently did not speak English. When we complained, he took her off, but as soon as we weren't looking, there she was again. The CMs try, but when the SRO is 6 or 7 people deep, they really can't do much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter