• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Question Re: Northwest FF Miles

momoftwins

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
I cannot believe how difficult it is to use up airmiles with NWA. Am I missing something? I cannot tell you how many times over the last year I have checked their website for tickets in late April. I have NEVER been able to come up with a date (any date for that matter) to use the FF miles we have. Now that I think of it, I do remember seeing a flight - one way only to go from Providence- Detroit-Memphis or Cleveland (can't remember which) to Orlando. Flight time was a little over 15 hours - I am not kidding! Is there a trick to using their site?

Is it better to call Worldperks and book something? I would actually rather fly Continental (which is a NW partner). Do you think I would have better luck? With all of the changes NW is making to their Perks programs, I want to use up these miles and never have to deal with them again.

Thanks.

There's no trick to using NWA's web site to book FF seats. It's just that they release very,very few FF seats to destinations in Florida and Nevada. If you want to use FF miles for those destinations, you pretty much have to go with their "rule buster" level (need double the amount of miles). If you want to go to MCO using the standard level, you have to call or book within a few seconds of the seats being released. That's usually midnight 330 days ahead of time. Sometimes you can call a few days earlier and get the agent to tell you exactly what time and what day to call.

I would recommend you use your miles for other destinations. I have used mine to go to from MSP to Spokane, WA and Columbus, OH with no booking problems at all (I wonder why :D :D )

I have never had a problem...but i have always had to be flexible...use alternate airports and such.

If you are strictly searching for flights to MCO...you are going to be in for a long wait...so is everybody else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter