Question re: Spaceship Earth

From Wikipedia:

The 15-minute dark ride demonstrates to guests how advancements in human communication have helped to create the future one step at a time. Passengers journey back in time to witness the origins of prehistoric man, then travel forward in time to witness important breakthroughs in communication throughout history—from the invention of the alphabet to the creation of the printing press to today's modern communication advancements, including telecommunication and mass communication. At the conclusion of the ride, passengers have the chance to design their own future using touch screens that are embedded into the ride cars.

Thanks! I'm also looking for more specific things like inventor names etc... I'm trying to put together a homeschool unit study based on the ride :)

Thanks! I'm also looking for more specific things like inventor names etc... I'm trying to put together a homeschool unit study based on the ride :)

No specific inventor-types that are identifiable outside of Johannes Gutenberg and perhaps Bill Gates. Michelangelo also has a simple animatronic. Some videos include Jesse Owens, Neil Armstrong, and Walter Cronkite.

I'd suggest searching youtube for a ride-through video.

is it Gates or Jobs they refer to.
Its not Gates. Its not really Jobs either. IIRC, the narration simply refers to computer enthusiasts working in their garage. The animatronic you see at that point does resemble Jobs, but again he is not mentioned. And yes, Jobs and Woz did work in the garage.

You’re right it may be Jobs, my recollection is that the attraction doesn’t identify the person by name in either case.
I think it is not Jobs per say that is depicted, but, it is about the invention of Apple Computer. The image has always reminded me of Steve Wozniak working in the garage creating the first personal computer. Still Apple, but, without Steve Wozniak none of us would have ever heard of Steve Jobs.

upload_2018-5-26_15-52-51.jpeg

Socrates makes an appearance....after those Phamous Phoenicians...who we are phorever indebted to, AND THANK....Guttenberg/ Printing press, Nameless Egyptians / hieroglyphics, a nod to Samuel Morse (code), Jesse Owens...not an inventor but important nonetheless, and don't forget those early humans with mention of the first communication system for hunting and recording 'history'. Steve Jobs.

There’s also Foxy Cleopatra in the computer room with the coolest Afro ever :)

But I’m not sure they had an Austin Powers character in mind when the ride was built.

My mother in law told me that they really dressed that way.SHe said she worked at a bank and wore a similar outfit.

There’s also Foxy Cleopatra in the computer room with the coolest Afro ever :)

But I’m not sure they had an Austin Powers character in mind when the ride was built.
Absolutely the fashions of the time that they are depicting. Looks weird now, but, was totally cool back then. In my teen years, I for one, loved the limited length of skirts. Sorry, just reminiscing.

Its not Gates. Its not really Jobs either. IIRC, the narration simply refers to computer enthusiasts working in their garage. The animatronic you see at that point does resemble Jobs, but again he is not mentioned. And yes, Jobs and Woz did work in the garage.

I think it's Steve Wozniak actually. He was the brains of the operation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter