Question re: strange thing happened

lsumommaof4

Mouseketeer
Good morning,
I know this is a good situation but I am still wondering why. So I booked under the play, stay and dine a few months ago and booked a deluxe room at the Wilderness Lodge. I checked back a couple of weeks later and put in same dates to see if anything else was available. A deluxe room at the Boardwalk came up $600 cheaper with the same play, stay and dine package. I immediately booked it. I then cancelled the Wilderness Lodge reservation. I just paid in full today for the Boardwalk reservation. The rack rate for the deluxe room at Boardwalk is more expensive than the deluxe room at Wilderness Lodge. Is this normal? Why would the package be cheaper? I just don't know how that happened?! But, I am glad.

The percentage being taken off is different depending on the resort. For example, the discount at the Boardwalk might be 30% off the room, while WL might have a discount of 15%, so even though Boardwalk is typically pricier, the discount is better, which may make it cheaper then a typically cheaper Deluxe.

Make sure you're comparing similar room types as well.

Actually, not strange at all. The SPD promo is mostly a percentage off the room rate. But, Disney has been varying the percentage off, even within a category. If you look at the threads that discuss room discounts, you will see that within the deluxe category, Poly and WL have had discounts as low as 10%, while AKL, BWI and YC have had 30% off (or more with the Winter VISA deal or the Spring Passholder deal). What you are seeing is exactly what we have seen. Within the mods, the discounts for POFQ and POR have been less than CSR and CBR.

We have a trip planned for March and we are booked at BWV under a passholder rate. I check all the time to see what else comes into inventory and I'm seeing large discrepancies in pricing at similar resorts/room categories. For example, we have a 1-bedroom at BWV booked under the rate. I could also book a 1-bedroom at BCV under the rate, but the discount is not as steep. I also see that WL regular resort rooms are pricing higher than the 1-bedroom villas. I guess it all depends on available inventory and perceived demand for certain rooms? I, personally, would rather stay in a BWV 1-bedroom than a standard room at WL, so I consider myself very lucky to get such a great discount!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter