• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Question regarding adding dining plan to already exsisting ADR

hookedup

<font color=navy>radsmom <font color=blue>(Mom to
I have been waiting to get a reservation cleared thru DVC for points I am renting from a member (have been on a waitlist for a couple of months)
Anyway, good news it came through today! So we are now going to be able to buy the dining plan.

My question - We have already made our ADR's for everything (we had booked the Dolpin as a back up) but at time of booking I said we were not on the dining plan (since we weren't) now that we will be do I need to notify Disney Dining? Will this need to be noted on my ADR's or anything?

Thanks!

No, you don't need to do anything. Every once in a while I will get asked if we are on the DP when making ADRs, but most CMs don't ask. I don't think they put anything on your reservation, but may tell you if a restaurant is not on the DP or is 2 credits.

Thanks for the reply.

I had to call today to add a couple more TS's (yea!) since we can afford them now. When the CM asked me if we were on the DP I explained that we were adding it now. She pulled up my ADR's using my phone number and made the updates for me before even asking me. That confused me a bit since we aren't going to use the DP for all of our ADR's - but I figured it doesn't matter. And it always makes me a bit nervous when an agent starts messing with my reservations.

Just make sure your ADR's are at restaurants that are on the Disney Dining Plan list. We made ADR's 2 months in advance of purchasing the DDP. You don't need to tell them you are on the DDP until you pay. However, I always told the server first thing when he/she brought the menus. That way they could tell you if there were any restrictions (which were rare). Also, you can give them your card beforehand, which some CM's appreciated, because they could ring up your meal and subtract it off the plan at their leisure, and then you didn't have to wait for the check at the end of the meal.

We loved the DDP, ate way too much, and will use it again if offered next year!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter