• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Question

sagwanamu

Mouseketeer
I will be staying at the AKL for a few days before move to DVC and I am hoping to purchase the DDP while staying on AKL.

My wife and I already have park passes so, we don't need to purchase the park passes, but we need to buy for my 3 year DS and thinking to buy 10 days pass (with no exp.).

If I understood correctly, each person must buy at least a day of park passes in order to purchase the DDP. What should I do?

I think you have only two options:
Change your reservation to a package by adding a one-day base MYW pass for each person and the Dining Plan for the full length of your stay at AKL for each person; then, on arrival, upgrade your son's pass to a ten-day non-expiring etc; hold onto your other two tickets and apply them toward the purchase of new APs when the time comes (new only, can't be applied to renewals as far as I know).
Or,
Don't make your reservation a package, purchase the ticket you want for your son, and don't get the Dining Plan.

Your stay at AK must be at least 3 days and be purchased as a package that includes at least a one day ticket for each person in order to add the dining plan. All members of your party must be on the plan.

You can buy the dining plan with a DVC stay without tickets.

So...you will have to do a package with at least one ticket per person for the package at AK. You can buy (pay for) the one day ticket in advance and upgrade to whatever you want when you arrive. You can just buy the one day ticket and hold on to it until you need it (buy it doesn't mean use it!), or just decide that the DDP doesn't fit your needs for that few days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter