Questions about Artisan Park Celebration

Tigger7570

Happiness is OKW
We went to an open house at Artisan Park and really liked the condo. However, there seem to be a lot of condos for sale in Artisan Park. Just wondered if someone who lives or lived there or Celebration can give me opinions/information. We have been looking at Celebration for years and are finally ready to move to Florida. We are retired so we aren't looking for jobs.
Thank you.

We went to an open house at Artisan Park and really liked the condo. However, there seem to be a lot of condos for sale in Artisan Park. Just wondered if someone who lives or lived there or Celebration can give me opinions/information. We have been looking at Celebration for years and are finally ready to move to Florida. We are retired so we aren't looking for jobs.
Thank you.

Hi! I currently live in Celebration. Some of the condos in Artisan have had water issues. Also, Artisan Park also has some fees that the rest of the community doesn't have. They get charged for internet or cable? and even if you update you still pay the fee. There is also the fee for clubhouse. Only Artisan Park residents get to use that. There is restaurant inside that has been losing money since day 1.

IMO renting in Artisan if there is no place else to rent in town is okay, but purchasing could be done elsewhere in town for less. Just not the downtown condos - those are falling apart and the condo association is involved in a law suit.

:)

Thank you so much for your reply. Instinctly, I knew something didn't seem right that so many condos are for sale in Artisan Park and the condo fees seemed high. Funny, the real estate agent sang the praises of the restaurant, almost too much. Is there an area that you may know that is a well liked and we'll run. We own our home but having talked to a friend who is on the board of her condo association in our area, I learned a lot. She explained that sometimes condo fees are higher, but they don't have high priced special assessments. Several years ago we looked at a condo on Blue Sage St/Rd and loved it, but weren't ready to buy. Any suggestions would be great.

The Artisan Park restaurant is under new management (again) that is trying harder. It's just hard to turn a profit when the only ones allowed to use it are AP residents. That's a small audience.

Disclaimer: I'm not a big fan of condos because of the fees and assessments when something needs to be done. I prefer single family homes that you can decide now or later for a roof and find the roofer yourself kind of thing. But I understand that people like not being responsible for landscaping. There are duplexes/triplexes which give you the single-family residence feel while still being part of a maintenance area so you don't have to do the landscaping yourself. That could be an option. The condos near Blue Sage are good. Really the only ones to avoid are the ones downtown and AP. The Georgetown Condos were built as apartments originally. Then turned condo. But they have a good condo board. The newer residences out on Celebration Blvd. on the way to the high school have had problems with cars getting broken into or having their tires stolen. ! It's just too easy to get away right near I4 there. There are apartments and small single family homes there.

I'm happy to share anything I can. We love living here. We've been here 15 years so far.

Thank you again. I may be back to ask you additional advice. I really appreciate it. You have given me some great info.

We are in the market for a condo in the celebration area. We did look at units in Artisan Park and several in the village. I was told condo buildings in Artisan Park were constructed with concrete block...not sure about the village if that matters to you. The units we saw in Artisan Park were updated with hardwood floors, granite, new appliances, etc. I like the thought of living in the village but concerned about parking and many of the condos needed extensive updating.

I'm concerned about the comments from "diznygirl". Any owners or renters in Artisan have feeback about the water issues, clubhouse or high condo fees?

We have lived in Artisan Park for two years and love it. Yes there is an additional fee for the Artisan Park Clubhouse that has a pool, fitness club, private restaurant & lounge. But the fee is minimal and the facilities are totally private & can only be used by AP residents. (around $277/quarter, I think). The food is excellent there. The people we have met have been so friendly, and we like the fact that it is right up against the conservation area, with views of the lake & trees & so very quiet and private. Yes there are units that have issues so I would definitely recommend a home inspection. and yes I have also heard that the units are constructed with concrete block in speaking with my homeowners insurance company.

Thanks for the feedback and happy to hear you like the community. And glad you cleared up the clubhouse fee and what's included since we heard conflicting info. We looked at condos close to the center but many are smaller and more expensive compared to AP. We haven't made any decisions yet but will go back to AP based on your feedback. Do you know if many of the AP units are rented or mainly owner occupied? We got the feel units closer to main street are rented but may be mistaken.

Most of the neighbors I have met are owners and live there full time or alternate between their places here in AP or another residence. If you have any more questions & want to send me a private message I can try and answer the best I can. I am new to this forum so still trying to find my way around the site.

We have lived in Artisan Park for two years and love it. Yes there is an additional fee for the Artisan Park Clubhouse that has a pool, fitness club, private restaurant & lounge. But the fee is minimal and the facilities are totally private & can only be used by AP residents. (around $277/quarter, I think). The food is excellent there. The people we have met have been so friendly, and we like the fact that it is right up against the conservation area, with views of the lake & trees & so very quiet and private. Yes there are units that have issues so I would definitely recommend a home inspection. and yes I have also heard that the units are constructed with concrete block in speaking with my homeowners insurance company.
Hi there, we are also looking in Artisan Park and Celebration overall. I came across this thread and needless to say am reading with great interest. Any updates on the lawsuit/mold issues? We stopped in the clubhouse and were impressed. Bill the manager gave a great tour and made a point of mentioning the restaurant is now profitable. I would really appreciate any new insights!

Hi there, we are also looking in Artisan Park and Celebration overall. I came across this thread and needless to say am reading with great interest. Any updates on the lawsuit/mold issues? We stopped in the clubhouse and were impressed. Bill the manager gave a great tour and made a point of mentioning the restaurant is now profitable. I would really appreciate any new insights!
Hi, It's been three years now since we purchased our condo in Artisan Park, and we absolutely love it. I love being right next to the conservation area with the lake & trees. I really love the clubhouse as well. The pool is really nice and the food and service in the Clubhouse is fantastic. When we purchased our place we had a full inspection & mold inspection & both came back clean. Yes, there is a lawsuit & the parties are scheduled for a court date next year. My observation, and this is only my opinion, but there are some really beautiful condo's for sale in AP, with some wonderful upgrades like hardwood floors, granite counter tops, lake views etc. Definitely a buyers market. No doubt about it, the fees we pay are high. But knowing that all of the maintenance is completely taken care of for us, and the use of the Clubhouse anytime we want & the fact that its so private makes it worth it to us. Let me know if you have any other questions, and good luck in your search.

Hi, It's been three years now since we purchased our condo in Artisan Park, and we absolutely love it. I love being right next to the conservation area with the lake & trees. I really love the clubhouse as well. The pool is really nice and the food and service in the Clubhouse is fantastic. When we purchased our place we had a full inspection & mold inspection & both came back clean. Yes, there is a lawsuit & the parties are scheduled for a court date next year. My observation, and this is only my opinion, but there are some really beautiful condo's for sale in AP, with some wonderful upgrades like hardwood floors, granite counter tops, lake views etc. Definitely a buyers market. No doubt about it, the fees we pay are high. But knowing that all of the maintenance is completely taken care of for us, and the use of the Clubhouse anytime we want & the fact that its so private makes it worth it to us. Let me know if you have any other questions, and good luck in your search.
Thanks for such a detailed response! We also love the conservation and lake views. The clubhouse seems really welcoming and is a great asset for the neighborhood. Your response is also really encouraging. Good to know about the court date next year, these things can be long and messy. We will definitely keep looking and considering the neighborhood.

Thanks for such a detailed response! We also love the conservation and lake views. The clubhouse seems really welcoming and is a great asset for the neighborhood. Your response is also really encouraging. Good to know about the court date next year, these things can be long and messy. We will definitely keep looking and considering the neighborhood.
[/QUOT
Hi would you mind sharing what the total fees are for the year( excluding taxes) I am thinking of buying in AP within 6 months.

Thank you for the quick response and honesty, it truly is a magical place although to expensive for me, I appreciate you telling me the REAL fees as I like to know the true costs before purchasing, I will look somewere else in my budget.

There are 3 fees in AP that we pay: The Artisan Park fee is $277/quarter, Celebration fee is $237/quarter & the Artisan/Maintenance fee is $1,727/quarter.
747 a month in fees!!! That's the equivalent payment of a $158,000 mortgage (30 year 3.92%.) Only at the end of 30 years, you still have to keep paying. I actually found a 200k listing. It's well below the average. So if you see say a 200k listing, you're paying the equivalent of a 358000 mortgage counting the fees. Ouch. For that kind of fee, the condos better be painted daily. With gold.

Thank you for the quick response and honesty, it truly is a magical place although to expensive for me, I appreciate you telling me the REAL fees as I like to know the true costs before purchasing, I will look somewere else in my budget.

No doubt about it, the fees are extremely high. We ended up working with a really good realtor, and like you were able to determine the exact costs before be bought our place. In the end, for us, we found a really perfect place in AP, at a good price, with a perfect view of the conservation area. Plus just living in Celebration and enjoying everything about it was perfect for us. But there are so many other wonderful communities in the area as well. Good luck in your search.

Hey mickey 1230 if I could afford it I would also live there, your money and I bet your happy, thanks for the info!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!